FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Radiator pressure test cap

Radiator pressure test cap

I would like to pressure test the coolant system. Since I have a brake pressure bleeder, I thought it would be easy to find a pressure test radiator cap that I could adapt to use with it. I've found a few but it's not clear they will fit the DeLorean. Plus the ones I found on Amazon are almost the cost of a complete (low cost) tester.

Anyone have something they have found that works or any product recommendations?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VNHRYI..._t1_B000GTIJOE

https://www.amazon.com/Stant-12704-C...et_feature_div

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

The Oreillys/Autozone type stores around me have coolant pressure test sets in their loaner tool program; have you checked there?
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    The Oreillys/Autozone type stores around me have coolant pressure test sets in their loaner tool program; have you checked there?
    Jack,
    That's a good idea and I will check. We do live in a somewhat remote area so the nearest Autozone (or any auto store for that matter) is about a 1 1/2 hour drive. I was hoping to hear that someone had found a low cost test cap that works for our cars, or figured out a way to fabricate a pressure cap that could be connected to a low pressure source.

Ron

My VIN:    1890

I got a Mityvac MV4560 from Amazon a couple of years ago (https://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-MV456...omotive&sr=1-1). It's now about $39. It worked fine for me to locate some leaks at the pipe couplings.

Robert
    Robert
    1981 DeLorean #1890
    1976 Datsun 280Z
    1968 Pontiac Le Mans convertible

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Order one of these babies:

Stant Cooling System Test Kit

Built well, pumps fast, takes care of caps and system leaks as well as assisting with coolant bleed jobs. The one I bought has an adapter that fits our D. Nothing special about the caps on our cars in terms of the connection. Same cap design was used at least back to the '40s on American cars.
    Last edited by Rich; 09-11-2019 at 11:16 PM.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior