FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Whats this wire

My VIN:    07164

Club(s):   (DCH)

Whats this wire

TcFvdHj.jpg

Any ideas on what this black wire is or where it needs to go to.

Its behind the intake manifold on the opposite side of the distributor in roughly the same location. It looks like it goes into the harness. I can only think it would reach somewhere into the VOD but it doesn't have much play on it.
    Last edited by er1c; 09-11-2019 at 09:38 AM. Reason: updated color for clarity

My VIN:    03572

Pretty sure that connects to a mating connector that goes to a ring terminal to be grounded to the engine block. With that ground missing your lambda system won't work.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Pretty sure that connects to a mating connector that goes to a ring terminal to be grounded to the engine block. With that ground missing your lambda system won't work.
    Ooo thanks so much that may explain my naff MPG lately despite changing the Lambda sensor.... I can see a threaded hole on the right so I have added one there with a new bolt and earthed it to it. I can only think that's rattled off at some point in the past or something else...
    Last edited by er1c; 09-11-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    You sir.. are a STAR !

Just test drove and its amazing... I had the odd hesitation and delay since owning her (11 months) The Lambda sensor was the first thing I changed, then filters, plugs, ht etc etc...… yet it was still there and it was only recently the dire MPG was noticed after I had the intake manifold off. Tonight she was perfect......

It was always in the back of my mind about the hesitation and I just assumed it must be running rich so was planning to get a mobile tuner out.

You have really made me happy, its my first "quick win" since ownership

Quote Originally Posted by er1c View Post
    You sir.. are a STAR !

Just test drove and its amazing... I had the odd hesitation and delay since owning her (11 months) The Lambda sensor was the first thing I changed, then filters, plugs, ht etc etc...…
    A multi meter is a must if you’re going to do your own work. The shop manual has some easy tests to determine if the Lambda system is working properly.