FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: wolfhead wheel wanted

wolfhead wheel wanted

I’ve been trying sandpaper and I just can’t be consistent enough for graining. So I want to get a wolfhead. If somebody has a excellent used one available please let me know otherwise I’ll just buy a new one I suppose.

I understand to get the 2 inch Version in a 3/8 drive if possible. Is there anything else specific I need to tell them if I order one? Also I read to get 80 grit sandpaper pieces to go with it, aluminum oxide and 1/8 inch perforations. I’m not sure what that means. If I don’t find a used when does G&p machinery also Sell the sand paper strips or do I Simply cut the strips myself?

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I see you asked Josh if he still had the one he posted about in Ethan's wanted ad. I'd suggest you PM Josh.

If he has sold it to Ethan, please PM me so I can close the thread.

ok, ill do that.

If not does anyone know if I need more specifics if I order one than the above?

So I am looking at trying to get one ordered. I am uncertain of the item to order and the gal I talked to on the phone wasn't certain and simply sent me a brochure from their website.

Anyone with knowledge on which item to order?
    is it the SH1062?
    Last edited by ttwo; 09-19-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Sandpaper pieces halfway down this page:
    http://www.gandpmachineryin.com/wolf...ing/4587690215

this is the site she sent me to but I'm just not sure what to order here?

maybe the portable 2 inch -12 brush head item number SD-1062 maybe?

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

A heads up, if you're having trouble being consistent with sandpaper, the flap wheel is NOT going to show you much mercy.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    A heads up, if you're having trouble being consistent with sandpaper, the flap wheel is NOT going to show you much mercy.
    That's why people in the know like Kevin use the B&D 2546 Belt Sander. It will make your DeLorean like painting a fine art mmmmkaayyy?

Screenshot_20190919-215452_YouTube.jpg
    Last edited by Michael; 09-19-2019 at 10:04 PM.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

If you can't get it right doing it manually with sandpaper, you will have a harder time trying to do a good job with a power tool. You really do need to master the technique by hand first to fully appreciate how to use a power tool. It gives you a feel for the pressure and speed and teaches you how to grain straight. Any mistakes are easier to correct with sandpaper, a power tool can do a lot more damage a lot faster if you don't know how to control it. The power tool is only so you can do more work faster, you can actually do a better job with sandpaper but it will take a lot longer. You only really need the power tool if you are trying to regain the whole car like when you take a painted Delorean and must regrain it. For scratches you are much better off working with sandpaper and Scotch-Brite. Do one panel at a time maybe one a day. It will take a week but you will have a nice job when you are done. Mask off the facias and the rub rail and mirrors. The main thing to learn is the pressure and to stay straight. Use a piece of masking tape as a guide if you need to. I have an Eastwood expander wheel with a Scotch-Brite pad and an extension drive for sale but you would need to supply a 1/3 HP electric motor. Not as aggressive as the Wolf's Head sander but can definitely remove scratches. PM me for pictures if you are interested. If you do find a Wolf's Head be careful about the sandpaper. If the sandpaper is old the grit will just fly right off so make sure you get fresh sandpaper.
    David Teitelbaum

well I wonder if there is anywhere that has a tutorial or good video showing the regraining? When I use 80 grit sandpaper it feels uneven pressure as if the only thing scratching/sanding in is under my fingers. Is there anything I can place the sandpaper on to get more even pressure on rounded areas? I CAN use the sandpaper and the scotchbrite is not too bad for me but the sandpaper just feels so uneven when I use it and right at the end of my strokes it is making curvy scratches. So I figured having a spinning wheel might eliminate the deviation from 'straight' at the end of my sanding strokes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast