FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Introduction- new owner- Alameda CA

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    I’d add fuel injection lines to the list. Old lines have been known to leak and cause fires.
    Thank you. I just thought through the implication of a pressurized 38 year old fuel line running the length of the chassis.

Ken
    1981 DMC 12- Black
    VIN 46**
    Alameda CA

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by gluaisrothaii View Post
    Thank you. I just thought through the implication of a pressurized 38 year old fuel line running the length of the chassis.

Ken
    Not the hard lines that run the length of the chassis. The rubber ones.
    There are two at the pump (under the panel under the spare tire) that go from the pump to a hard line; you can get fuel line at any parts store for those. Check for rubbing where it contacts the panel and install chaff wrap too.
    Then there are the injection lines at the motor. Get a set of braided stainless lines from any vendor and replace all of them. You’ll need new copper washers as well.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Welcome to the club! Nice looking car for sure. I’d sign up for the NCDMC mailing list at ncdmc.org and I’m betting we can connect you with some folks down on the peninsula!
    +1

Joining the chorus of owners in and around the Bay Area here to welcome a new owner. Thanks for making your introduction and showing us that black beauty.

I'm one of the owners on the SF Peninsula. Will look forward to meeting you soon. There was a great tech day hosted by Mark in San Jose in July - plenty of friendly NCDMC support here.

I like the track you are on focusing on safety and reliability to start with. You didn't mention tires. Ending 30 years of museum storage would suggest a need for those. Threads on that can be found in the forum if you need them.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    +1

Joining the chorus of owners in and around the Bay Area here to welcome a new owner. Thanks for making your introduction and showing us that black beauty.

I'm one of the owners on the SF Peninsula. Will look forward to meeting you soon. There was a great tech day hosted by Mark in San Jose in July - plenty of friendly NCDMC support here.

I like the track you are on focusing on safety and reliability to start with. You didn't mention tires. Ending 30 years of museum storage would suggest a need for those. Threads on that can be found in the forum if you need them.
    Yup. Almost goes without saying! The car is on factory original rubber according to the seller.
    1981 DMC 12- Black
    VIN 46**
    Alameda CA

My VIN:    04629

Welcome New Owner....

You'll Love & Hate this car in the same day sometimes, but it's all worth it when 'the' problem has been repaired/replaced.

Might I suggest checking and or replacing the flexible Fuel Lines in the COF ( this is the "Cavity Of Frustration", where the fuel accumulator is located ) a sometimes difficult area to work in, be careful of all the fittings up there too.

Enjoy the 'working on your car' experience, you'll learn a lot!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by ritztoys View Post
    Welcome New Owner....

You'll Love & Hate this car in the same day sometimes, but it's all worth it when 'the' problem has been repaired/replaced.

Might I suggest checking and or replacing the flexible Fuel Lines in the COF ( this is the "Cavity Of Frustration", where the fuel accumulator is located ) a sometimes difficult area to work in, be careful of all the fittings up there too.

Enjoy the 'working on your car' experience, you'll learn a lot!
    Thanks! As a point of reference, here's a summary of my last project:

Before:

During

After

Before

During

After

Took 18 months....I have a lot of patience and I'm happy to tackle most problems...and totally appreciate the love/hate aspects of restoration
    1981 DMC 12- Black
    VIN 46**
    Alameda CA

My VIN:    0934

Thanks for posting the photos. That's a nice example of passion and qualifications in a demanding application. Failure is not an option.

Your new ride will be less challenging to work on.

After you have your D set up the way you like it tell us which project was more fun.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Welcome! Very nice car and awesome previous project. I think you will make out fine during the DeLorean resto.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    02855

Welcome !

Yes please join us on Norcal Delorean Facebook group.

I love black cars!

Mark W

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Awesome!

...so are you going to make her fly?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast