FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: In search of drivers Side knee bolster

My VIN:    17157

Club(s):   (DOI)

In search of drivers Side knee bolster

Good Morning,

So I recently bought an 83 DeLorean Grey interior. For some odd reason someone installed a clock in front of where the key goes in, on the front of the dash i'm going to call it a knee bolster. As the purest I am I would like to return it to its stock glory. I am Also after a carpet for the passengers side upper area closest to the door. Which I read someone else is as well. any help would be appreciated as the cars interior is immaculate other than these 2 areas. which drive me insane looking at.

Regards,

Shawn

My VIN:    05457

First, congrats on joining the community! You are going to love DeLorean ownership.

Interior pieces can be on the harder side to find, so in the event you can't find someone with one you may also want to consider taking it to a local upholstery shop to have it wrapped in a leather or vinyl with a similar texture. You can then dye it to match the rest of the car.

Of course go down the replacement route first, that is going to be the best option. You can also call each of the vendors. Often times they have parts that aren't listed on the website from parts cars they have on hand.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    17157

Club(s):   (DOI)

I may have found the knee bolster... Still on the search for the single carpet piece. I think it number 12 on the DMC site. Passenger side Sill Carpet. A mouse had its way with mine.