FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: need Updated info on common headlight switch problems and replacement parts

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Yes, a beefed up switch, whatever that amounts to, should do.

The problem in your case is the switch hardware/mechanism. I've had a version of that problem happen to the original and then to my first replacement switch despite the relay upgrade. I agree it's no fun cycling the switch repeatedly until it decides to latch in on the next mode. Or not.

The part inside your switch that needs to rotate or move in order to latch the switch to the OFF position is hung up for some reason. Nothing to do with the relay, as you say.
    that is exactly right! I look a little fooling trying to shut off my lights each time by going on - off- on - off- on - off - on - off about 15 times!

Is there a kit for LED bulbs or simply look at each and replace them with appropriate LED alternates?

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Agreed. I had both headlight and hazard switches apart to install LED's in them and the way the headlight switch works is that there is a little wire cage that travels along a plastic channel as you depress the switch. It stops in 3 places, giving you the 3 modes. If the wire or plastic is deformed, or dry (as it has a little lithium grease), this could be your problem. Even if you decide to get a new switch, I would gently take apart the old one, make sure it is free moving, refresh the grease, and clean the contacts. You may find that this little maintenance process is all you need.

I tried to find pictures but apparently I didn't upload them to my albums.
    I would love to see this! Maybe this would solve my problem!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2