FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mouse trap

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

I usually leave some mouse poison around the garage for them (near doors, along the walls). My hope/plan/goal is to "feed" them before they get into anything. So far, so good.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    02378 & 15500 - Previous owner of 4363, 5319, 5692, 10246, 01924, 04389, 03133, 11408, 10989

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Old School Trap

Dave,

This a great thread and will be useful. I just noticed a mouse night before last and used the old school method which worked perfectly within hours. Swiss cheese. Picture attached for reference.
    Attached Images
    Kirk

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean02378 View Post
    Dave,

This a great thread and will be useful. I just noticed a mouse night before last and used the old school method which worked perfectly within hours. Swiss cheese. Picture attached for reference.
    I use a little shredded cheese. They seem to like the smell of sharp cheddar.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Peppermint oil repels mice. My son lived in a college appartment/house that had mice (surprise, surprise). They put down peppermint oil and it did significantly reduce the mouse population. So ... maybe put peppermint oil in the car and compartments. Note that if they are already in the garage, the oil may not make them move out. And peppermint candy doesn't work.
    Nick

There was a Barn Finder episode where he claimed using fabric softener dryer sheets worked great for repelling mice. Haven't tried them because, first, we have a great mouser cat, and second, don't want my car to smell like fabric softener.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-Ron View Post
    don't want my car to smell like fabric softener.

Ron
    A bit off topic ... after so many years, and so many shows with the doors up, my D still has that "DeLorean" smell.
    Nick

My VIN:    3028

This guy will kill everything.
    Attached Images
    Barry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2