FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: AC compressor noise

My VIN:    01598

Club(s):   (DCH)

AC compressor noise

I replaced my ac compressor today because I thought my old one was going bad. I could hear it engaging/slipping from time to time. When ac was on. My new one does exactly the same. (This one was even making sparks, but I guess the plate in front of the clutch was a little bent. I bent it back a little and it seems fine now, except from the engaging/slipping noise) Any idea what does this?https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5da01878...V_3577_000.mp4

Sent fra min H8324 via Tapatalk
    Svein Apeland

1981 DMC DeLorean DMC-12, VIN: 01598. Gas flap hood, manual transmission, black interior, wide stripe, galvanized frame, Spax shocks and UK club exhaust.
    x1973 Plymouth Road Runner
    x1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
    x1975 Chevrolet El Camino
    x1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring
    x1966 Lincoln Continental
    x1983 Porsche 944
    x1982 Porsche 944

My VIN:    03572

If your compressor is making noise, it probably is low on "oil". Usually a leaking refrigerant does not loose much oil in the system. When you replace a component or flush it you need to add that components "oil" amount to the system. The refrigerant carries the oil throughout the system so when your really low on refrigerant your compressor will not turn on to protect the compressor from damage.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Go to N:10:04 Clutch Test Step 3-Air Gap. My guess is the gap needs to be adjusted.
    David Teitelbaum