FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1983 DeLorean garaged since 1984. only 1,580 miles

My VIN:    2706

I called yesterday and made 2 offers . Seller declined and would not tell me a price he wanted for the car. I think this is a case of probe the Delorean community for offers to set a floor for auction. It'll be on B.A.T. in A few weeks I am sure. Good luck ��

Mods please enforce posting rules.
    Last edited by powerline84; 10-24-2019 at 09:39 AM.

My VIN:    4519

Dude... if you're selling the car, post a price.
    Last edited by Rich_NYS; 10-24-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Dude... if you're selling the car, post a price.

Quote Originally Posted by powerline84 View Post
    I remember someone saying this very thing to a mod a few years ago. He simply put "one million dollars OBO" and that is how mods circumvent the rules put in place for us common folk.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Welcome, and thank you for sharing the history of this car and the photos. It looks awesome!

As I have been recently been reminded by the moderators about the rules of the for sale section forum, I just wanted to include a link to the rules below so you can update your listing with some additional information.

For sale section rules are here:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?56...-section-Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcGrath View Post
    I will most likely have to move it to a different section because to be honest I don’t have a price nailed down.
    Done.

John, PM me if/when you have a price set and want the thread cleaned up and moved back...

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I remember someone saying this very thing to a mod a few years ago. He simply put "one million dollars OBO" and that is how mods circumvent the rules put in place for us common folk.
    Nothing was circumvented -- A price is a price. Apparently, you don't understand that the rule is to protect the "the common folks" (and site). Nor that posts in the For Sale/Wanted section that don't express a true interest in buying or selling are not allowed.
    Enough BS!
    Since your post blatantly violates the rules, along with an increase in frequency and BS, this is the last warning you will receive before all of your posts wind up sitting in the moderation queue until someone spends time approving them. If you aren't showing a true interest in buying or selling the items, don't post in the For Sale/Wanted section. (There are exceptions -- BS, jokes, OT, etc. are not.)
    Last edited by Ron; 10-24-2019 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Correct which incident spawned the BS/related

I wasn’t aware that I declined your second offer. This is news to me. The way I remember our 20 minute phone conversation was me carefully explaining every last detail of the car and where I was at with it. I was very professional in telling you that I would be coming to a final asking price on the car within a day or two as I wrapped my head around all the information that influences it. Correct me if I’m wrong but one of the last things said was you saying take as long as you need, few days a week or what ever and let me know what you decide. Not sure where the change of heart took place or the reason you have found to bad mouth me after our positive phone call. Strange that I would receive no follow up text or pm since our call two days ago before coming on here to say this. As I said more then once on the phone you were the first person in line for the car. It’s clear you no longer want that to be the case.

To everyone else that has been helpful I do appreciate it. I made it to my shop this evening and took higher quality photos of the car that will include all key areas of
    The car and help answer lots of questions that I left on the table unintentionally. I will be uploading them from camera to laptop this evening and will be posting them by tomorrow.

I called yesterday and made 2 offers . Seller declined and would not tell me a price he wanted for the car. I think this is a case of probe the Delorean community for offers to set a floor for auction. It'll be on B.A.T. in A few weeks I am sure. Good luck ��

"Strange that I would receive no follow up text or pm since our call two days ago before coming on here to say this"

I have sent several un answered texts since our phone call. Also I know you have received several offers from others and I also know that you still haven't posted a price on this car in the for sale add.

Also if you are gonna come on here and try and sell a car have a price in mind before you waist every one's time. I made you a very generous offer as a starting point, with full intent on going up with it if you at least had the respect to give me a price you were looking for and got the old "well I am not sure what I want for the car line". I then said well tell me what you want and I will buy the car if we agree and got the um hmmum I'll think on it .

I know others on here that have offered and have gotten the same type of comments.

This is a very tight community and small. So you better believe that when a car like this pops up and people start making offers we are all talking behind the scenes. You aren't the first to come on here and claim you have intent to sell a car but are really just using the DMC community to guage how much you can get for a car before you send it to auction.

I may be the only guy who offered on this car to post on this thread currently but none the less....

It's fine. Good luck with the sale. I'm out
    Last edited by powerline84; 10-25-2019 at 04:15 AM.

My VIN:    4519

Is the car still for sale?

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

The owner has reached out to me . Turns out it was a miss communication due to both of us being in bad cell areas. He is very sincere and is going to sell the car .

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Nothing was circumvented -- A price is a price. Apparently, you don't understand that the rule is to protect the "the common folks" (and site). Nor that posts in the For Sale/Wanted section that don't express a true interest in buying or selling are not allowed.
    Enough BS!
    Since your post blatantly violates the rules, along with an increase in frequency and BS, this is the last warning you will receive before all of your posts wind up sitting in the moderation queue until someone spends time approving them. If you aren't showing a true interest in buying or selling the items, don't post in the For Sale/Wanted section. (There are exceptions -- BS, jokes, OT, etc. are not.)
    Smackdown badge awarded! I flew too close to the sun on the wings of a tiny duck and the other 99 ducks were not amused. My apologies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast