FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Would you rather fight...

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Would you rather fight...

Would you right fight one Ron sized duck, or one hundred duck sized Rons?
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    Would you right fight one Ron sized duck, or one hundred duck sized Rons?
    What kind of duck are we talking here? The Common Elder can weigh as much as 7lbs, so that would effectively be 700lbs of miniature Rons to have to fend off. Also, are the small Rons as intelligent as a full size Ron that they would be able to plan a group attack? Or would there be 100 separate bouts of one miniature Ron at a time? I mean I could probably drop kick a 7lb Ron 100 times in a row but not while being swarmed by 99 other mini-Rons.

Would the single duck be the approximate size of Ron in volume, or in mass? Ducks are mostly made up of feathers and have hollow bones to aide in their ability to fly, so if the Ron sized duck were only as voluminous as actual Ron, it would most likely weigh less than actual Ron due to the factors listed above. A duck equal in mass to actual Ron would be much larger in volume than actual Ron.

So my answer to your question is, it depends.
    Last edited by Mark D; 10-22-2019 at 03:13 PM.

My VIN:    4519

That was the best answer ever....!

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

Not a DeLorean Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    What kind of duck are we talking here? The Common Elder can weigh as much as 7lbs, so that would effectively be 700lbs of miniature Rons to have to fend off. Also, are the small Rons as intelligent as a full size Ron that they would be able to plan a group attack? Or would there be 100 separate bouts of one miniature Ron at a time? I mean I could probably drop kick a 7lb Ron 100 times in a row but not while being swarmed by 99 other mini-Rons.

Would the single duck be the approximate size of Ron in volume, or in mass? Ducks are mostly made up of feathers and have hollow bones to aide in their ability to fly, so if the Ron sized duck were only as voluminous as actual Ron, it would most likely weigh less than actual Ron due to the factors listed above. A duck equal in mass to actual Ron would be much larger in volume than actual Ron.

Yes.
    -Mike

2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    10201

Ron sized duck. I'd toss a loaf of bread out then sneak up on it while it's distracted.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

100 duck sized Rons. That way I could enjoy taking the little prick(s) out 100 times.

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post

I was initially going to delete this thread, but this answer alone validates this thread. I will allow it to continue. You have pleased the establishment.
    Soundkillr was here.

Not a DeLorean Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    I was initially going to delete this thread, but this answer alone validates this thread. I will allow it to continue. You have pleased the establishment.
    I surely hope you are kidding.
    -Mike

2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    Yes.
    I will assume that your single "Yes" implies that you respond in the affirmative to all my previous questions.

Therefore, I can presume that:

1. The 100 duck sized Rons are each equally as intelligent as a full size Ron and could therefore organize and execute a group offensive.
    2. The Ron sized duck is the same size as actual Ron in BOTH volume and mass. This effectively states that the densities of both Ron and the duck in question are equal (d=m/v)

For the duck I will assume a weight of 7lbs and in the absence of Ron's actual weight I will assume the weight of an average sized adult male living in the US which is 195lbs. This means that the Ron sized duck will be approximately 27.86 times larger than a standard duck and the duck sized Rons will be approximately .036 times as large as a standard Ron.

Taking these considerations into account, I have had some additional time since my previous post to reflect on which I would rather fight. In a contest of fisticuffs one must consider, strength, speed, and endurance of one's opponent. The answer in this case boils down to which of the contestants would exceed the other in each of these three categories, and then choosing the lesser of the two opponents.

Strength:
    Mankind is not particularly well known for strength, but rather for endurance. Primitive man succeeded in the hunt through his ability to relentlessly track and pursue his prey until his stamina overcame the ability of the prey evade any further. The average man has a low strength to weight ratio and can roughly lift about 1X his own body weight. As we previously established the density of both Ron and the duck are being considered as equal, so each Ron sized duck would weigh 7lbs and would therefore have the strength to lift about 7 lbs.

A duck, on the other hand, has a relatively high strength to weight ratio in and can lift approximately 3X their own body weight. For our 195 lb Ron sized duck in question, that would mean it would have the strength to lift 585lbs.

Winner in strength category: Ron sized Duck

Speed:
    I will assume that Ron's maximum running speed is that of an average man which is approximately 16 mph. Assuming that speed scales proportionally to size and using our previously established conversion factor of .036 that would mean a duck sized Ron could only run 0.85mph. This is exceptionally slow compared to:

A typical duck which can run 8 mph. Again, assuming our conversion factor of 27.86 and that speed scales proportionally to size that would mean a Ron sized duck could run 223 mph.

Winner in speed category: Ron sized Duck

Endurance:
    I've already mentioned that humans have exceptional stamina. Our bodies can burn calories for extended periods of time while most other animals will overheat and be forced to stop.

Ducks also have high endurance and have been recorded to fly as far as 800 miles in one 8 hour period.

Winner in Endurance category: Tie

I must therefore conclude that if given the choice between fighting one Ron sized duck or 100 duck sized Rons I would choose neither, and instead drink a piƱa colada.

Mark, you failed to consider the case that Ron is a duck...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast