FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Proto 1 framed photo

Proto 1 framed photo

Hi,

I've had this photo for the past 20 years. It was given to me by a friends dad who worked in the automotive industry here in Michigan. It was on their wall for awhile. I've seen similar photos in similar frames in Delorean documentaries and was wondering if anyone had any info on the origins. I'm really just wondering where this might have lived before it got to Michigan.

Front of the framed picture. I had it signed by JZD at the 2000 Cleveland Car Show.
    Delorean front.JPG

Back of the framed picture. Google maps shows it's not a gallery anymore.
    Delorean back.JPG

Any info would be nice.

Thanks

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

This is a picture of the prototype during the times Jerry Williamson was bringing the car from city to city trying to get dealers to sign up. I believe this was at a hotel in Los Angeles. This is not the more common frame that had a photo montage of three images that was provided to various folks internally at DMC and dealerships and was seen in my documentary.
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamir A. View Post
    This is a picture of the prototype during the times Jerry Williamson was bringing the car from city to city trying to get dealers to sign up. I believe this was at a hotel in Los Angeles. This is not the more common frame that had a photo montage of three images that was provided to various folks internally at DMC and dealerships and was seen in my documentary.
    I believe this was taken outside the Westin Bonadventure in Los Angeles

The DeLorean Story: The car, the people the scandal. http://www.amazon.com/The-DeLorean-S...delorean+story

Prototype Photo

This was a promotional photo (or one like it) that hung, along with several other pictures, in the reception lounge of our offices in Irvine, California.

Doug Patterson