FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2706 goes megasquirt

My VIN:    16064

Thanks!

Yes, it is the twin turbo setup. I already bought the 2 valves. I am going to mount them in the bumper so I can just run short hoses. I was also looking at reducing the waste gate operating pressure since it would be running off the valves anyway.

If you are familiar with the island twin turbo setup, the turbos were setup completely separate. Never bothered me until this conversion. I will be making a cross pipe to assure the same pressure on both sides of the engine.

Only thing left to buy right now are:
    1. feedthroughs (I am going to need a smaller separate one for wires to bumper so I can disconnect bumper to remove like I do now.)
    2. distributor change over to wheel/pickup. I bought another one that I already sand blasted and cleaned up but need the wheel that would fit.
    3. Mounting pod for LC2 gauge

Ideas for any off these would be helpful.

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by NorthEastJBD View Post
    If you are familiar with the island twin turbo setup, the turbos were setup completely separate. Never bothered me until this conversion. I will be making a cross pipe to assure the same pressure on both sides of the engine.
    That's probably a good idea. They very slightly are connected at the common passages for the cold start/idle tube but not by very much

You might also consider a switch to blow-through and add a bypass valve, and ditch the stock PCV orifice for a real PCV valve. Then you could install just about any turbo you want down the road.

3. Mounting pod for LC2 gauge
    In your diagram this looks like the Perfect Tuning gauge. Do you have a link to the gauge you're using? I only ask because the Perfect Tuning gauge does have a larger than normal diameter compared to a regular gauge. Patrick C has his gauge mounted on the center console. I had mine there too but moved it last year to the original stereo location after installing a touchscreen stereo.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

You are right. I bought the perfect gauge from DIYAutoTune readout. I liked where it was put on this build between door & drivers console.
    It didn't take away from middle.

While you mentioned it. I replaced stereo with fold out touch screen. How did you add screen & gauge or is gauge on top?
    Last edited by NorthEastJBD; 10-10-2020 at 12:52 PM.

My VIN:    2706

Northeast bad ass little diagram you made there. I sent you a pm . I went through about 4 different wheel iterations before found one that worked perfectly and several months off frustrations. But the wheel I finally settled on worked great! Luke designed his own version but we never tested it. It may find its way into a mutual friends car.

How did you add screen & gauge or is gauge on top?
    It’s a Pioneer remote display stereo. Old radio space is now the gauge and controls for heated / circulated seats.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

northeast, I emailed you the parts for the danner module and cables. Your Wheel is being made now at Send Cut Send. Should get to you no later then a couple weeks. They are usually pretty Speedy. Glad I could help like those who have helped me.

Jimmy

This efi kit has been sold and is on its way to it's new owner.

I am currently doing an ecooboost / G96 swap

Check https://www.facebook.com/timelesssteell/ for updates

Perfect Tune

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    It’s a Pioneer remote display stereo. Old radio space is now the gauge and controls for heated / circulated seats.
    Could you tell me how you set up the "Perfect Tune" gauge for the multi quadrant setting?

The last two views "on the right" before the input/output settings screen are the quadrants. If not you may need a firmware update.

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    The last two views "on the right" before the input/output settings screen are the quadrants. If not you may need a firmware update.
    The views in the setup section of the Perfect Tune gauge using the 2 front buttons?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast