FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 2706 goes megasquirt

My VIN:    2706

Had another copy of Marks trigger wheel made. IMG_20200528_082343_01.jpg
    This one should fix the problem. Fingers crossed

My VIN:    16064

Purchase Kit

I am looking for a recommendation of where to purchase. Is DIY the best place to get?

I also saw that some of you sell parts? Is that true or you just have the parts?

Is there a full list of what you guys would recommend? While reading through I kept seeing where more parts were required.

Is this a proprietary trigger wheel design? (If not would I be able to either buy one or get detailed drawing?)

I am finally tired of working on the fuel system. I think I might have blown one of my turbo's because of it.

looking forward to seeing your engine finished. It looks REALLY nice!

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

We offer just about everything separate from our full system for owners looking to do a DIY build.

www.deloreanindustries.com
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by NorthEastJBD View Post
    I am finally tired of working on the fuel system. I think I might have blown one of my turbo's because of it.
    I employed almost every cockamamie k-jet mod available and could never get the fueling satisfactory.

If you're willing to go EFI you will not regret it.

There's a handful of us regular users with EFI conversions, both in n/a and turbo form, ranging from fuel only to full ignition control.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Thanks.

I am going to start making my full xls list. I really like the Delorean Industry Rails.

To bad I already went through all the airing and cleaned it up less than 2 years ago.
    Attached Images

Diy auto tune is the place to get all your basic EFI sensors and megasquirt components.

I am running Josh's Injectors, rails, and integrated TPS throttle body (nice unit).

My distributor and trigger wheel design was done by Mark H.

The trigger wheel you see above was machined by my family. I am currently on my 4th trigger wheel design.

Once my system is final and all the kinks are worked out I'll post results.

Once my system is final I will post a parts list for DIY guys.

As for the conversion ...it's a large undertaking but I can tell you it's with it . I drove my car fuel only batch fire or a short time before deciding to go sequential.

The drivability was substantially improved. Throttle response, starting, idle etc.

I think Luke said before "you just gotta take it one wire at a time". If you look at the whole conversion at once you will get overwhelmed. But if you focus on one thing at a time like installing fuel rails/injectors. Installing a CLT sensor etc it's not bad at all .

I'll tell you what else is cool. During my trials and tribulations when I am trouble shooting something it's really cool to be able to hook up your computer and click start log of many different types then be able to send that to the other EFI guys and figure things out . Then plugging a computer in to get instant data is amazing. Or you can try and make kjet run right by throwing pixi dust at it lol

Also thanks for the compliment!
    Last edited by powerline84; 06-11-2020 at 09:19 PM.

This is awesome, thanks!

My family also owned an OEM shop. Did that for 20 years.

Part of the reason I am doing this is I am in management now & don't get to do the hands on anymore.

My background is toolmaker, electrical, computer programming . . .

I also miss my CNC. I only have manual Bridgeport.

Update . Sync loss issues resolved. Thanks to Marks help . Trigger wheel version 4.0 . Fixed it. Now I am gonna re do my coil harness . Finalize the ignition wiring,change plugs and oil and take her to the dyno then enjoy my seqential ignition and fuel converted ms3 oddfire prv.

Coil pack harness
    Attached Images

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

I think he's standing on the chair....

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast