FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Who wants this Delorean Hovercraft I made?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date:  Aug 2012

    Posts:    4

    Who wants this Delorean Hovercraft I made?

    A few years ago I built a hovercraft to look exactly like a Delorean, and now I'm auctioning it on BringATrailer (auction ends monday). If you've always wanted to own a boat, but don't like driving non-Delorean motor vehicles, now's your chance! Feel free to ask me any questions!
    -Matt
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/de...12-hovercraft/
    IMG_20171001_105129.jpg

  2. #2
    LS Swapper Josh's Avatar
    Join Date:  Mar 2013

    Location:  SK, Canada

    Posts:    1,962

    My VIN:    11408

    Club(s):   (TXDMC) (DOI)

    Havent you been trying to sell this for a while, at the price of a running driving delorean?

    Seems like a hard sell.

    5.3L LS4 + Subaru 6spd 314whp/348ft-lbs
    Getting it back on the road!
    LS Swap

  3. #3
    DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Los Angeles / Chicago

    Posts:    589

    My VIN:    11474

    Saw it on the BAT daily emails. Really cool build, hope you get the price you are looking for.

    T.


    Quote Originally Posted by neednoroads View Post
    A few years ago I built a hovercraft to look exactly like a Delorean, and now I'm auctioning it on BringATrailer (auction ends monday). If you've always wanted to own a boat, but don't like driving non-Delorean motor vehicles, now's your chance! Feel free to ask me any questions!
    -Matt
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/de...12-hovercraft/
    IMG_20171001_105129.jpg
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date:  Aug 2012

    Posts:    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Havent you been trying to sell this for a while, at the price of a running driving delorean?

    Seems like a hard sell.
    Yeah, I tried to sell it last year, buy my eBay bidder flaked. It's been hard to find the right price for something that's never been sold before, so now I'm auctioning it and we'll let the market decide!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2013

    Location:  NYS

    Posts:    2,317

    My VIN:    Formerly 10372, currently 4728 & 4519

    Do you happen to have a way to get it to NYS? Asking just in case you're coincidentally travelling this way...

    Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
    Livin' the dream....

  6. #6
    Daily Driver ssdelorean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  NW Ohio

    Posts:    276

    My VIN:    16506

    Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Do you happen to have a way to get it to NYS? Asking just in case you're coincidentally travelling this way...

    Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
    He is posting to "bring a trailer" not "drive a trailer to you"!
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 68,971 miles and counting (OVER 7 yr 1 months & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 213K miles

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2013

    Location:  NYS

    Posts:    2,317

    My VIN:    Formerly 10372, currently 4728 & 4519

    Quote Originally Posted by ssdelorean View Post
    He is posting to "bring a trailer" not "drive a trailer to you"!
    Lol...for sure, but sometimes ya get lucky.

    Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
    Livin' the dream....

  8. #8
    Guy with a DeLorean Mark D's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Stevens Point,WI

    Posts:    2,108

    My VIN:    6125

    Quote Originally Posted by ssdelorean View Post
    He is posting to "bring a trailer" not "drive a trailer to you"!
    Also, the listing shows it comes with its own trailer. So it's really just "Bring a vehicle that can tow a trailer."
    Mark Dehlinger

  9. #9
    On Vacation to North Pole Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    5,168

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    ^LOL!

    ...currently, I'd have to say it's, "Bring $6,667."

  10. #10
    Banned Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    3,846

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Also, the listing shows it comes with its own trailer. So it's really just "Bring a vehicle that can tow a trailer."
    LOL BAVTCTAT.com

    Seriously you built this thing from scratch, enjoyed it for years, met celebrities and got worldwide attention and after all that, walk away with close to 7k(minimum). I'd say that deserves a thumbs up!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •