FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: License Plate Lights Not Working

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

License Plate Lights Not Working

Both of my rear license plate lights are not working. I took off the right light and replaced the bulb with another LED bulb and it still doesn't work. I put in an old incandescent bulb and it still doesn't work. The fuse runs tail lights and side markers on the right side and those are all working so I assume it's not the fuse. I took off the left light . As it turns out there is a plastic piece which holds the metal "tongue" that hold the light bulb in place. The plastic piece broke so the bulb wasn't making a connection. I glued the plastic piece back in place so we'll see if it works. In the meantime I touched the wires to the bulb and it worked so I know the left side works. I touched the wires to the same bulb on the right side and it wouldn't work. Any ideas of what's the problem?
    Shannon

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

You should have a Red/Orange, Red/Black, and two solid Black wires. The Red/Orange made the bulb burn so it should be good. Connecting the bulb to it and either Black wire should make the bulb burn. If not the Black wire that doesn't make it burn is bad. If both do make it burn, the Red/Black is probably bad. In that case, it would not burn using the Red/Black and either Black wire. It could be the Red/Black wire AND its Black wire, which would be obvious at this point.

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

I figured out the problems. I forgot that these bulbs will only go in one way. Polarity I think is the issue. Maybe the newer bulbs don't have the problem. Anyway, I got one side working. I need to buy a new license plate light housing for the other side.
    Shannon