FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Accumulator, supply & return line replacement

My VIN:    10350 & 2083 SEARCHING FOR VIN#16664

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

After the last post I came inside the house, kids were all asleep and so was my wife so it was me and the dog. I was going to wash the fuel off my hands and as a last ditch effort I went back out, tightened the hardline connection to the “L” Shaped connector one more time, turned the key on to get the fuel pump going and no leak. I gave her another push tight and then started her up for a few seconds and...no leak! It is too dark out but tomorrow I plan on pulling her out of the garage and letting her run on dry pavement and see if she behaves. If so I will take her to work and hopefully she won’t wet her pants anymore! With that being said I’m still not in the clear until tomorrow but for now it is time for a little mindless TV in the quiet house. Ha!
    ---------------------------------
    SEARCHING FOR VIN #16664
    ---------------------------------

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

LOL- That would be SNL! (...and I'd bet I'm older than you.)
    I'll still reply about the leak. Sometimes flair fittings in general have been tightened too much and you have to crank down on them to get them to quit leaking afterwards. Sometimes it breaks and sometimes you are lucky. I have had good luck loosening them and repositioning a tiny bit first. BUT, if it has stopped leaking now, leave it, check it a few times later, then forget it, imho.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Those lines are steel and take a LOT more effort to make them deform and seal than brass compression fittings. You do have to really crank on them. That is why it is so important to "hold back" and not twist the lines, very easy and tempting to do but you can't allow that to happen. Same thing by the fuel filter. Keep an eye on those connections for a little while till you are completely certain they are not leaking.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2