FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: got any head bolts you can part with?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

got any head bolts you can part with?

I'm close to putting my heads back on, I bought some head bolts from Delorean go, but have now been informed that they are wrong, and will result in eventual failure of the head gasket. Huston is out of head bolts, and Delorean Industries is out until they produce another run, which may be soon, but not sure.
    So if anyone out there has a NOS set of head bolts laying around, I'd be happy to take them off your hands.

My VIN:    5051

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    I'm close to putting my heads back on, I bought some head bolts from Delorean go, but have now been informed that they are wrong, and will result in eventual failure of the head gasket. Huston is out of head bolts, and Delorean Industries is out until they produce another run, which may be soon, but not sure.
    So if anyone out there has a NOS set of head bolts laying around, I'd be happy to take them off your hands.
    Wow how did they send you the wrong bolts? I got mine about a week ago from Houston!

Quote Originally Posted by Giamanut View Post
    Wow how did they send you the wrong bolts? I got mine about a week ago from Houston!
    https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/s...rimLevel=28245

Yep, I went ahead and ordered them.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Cool! (I'm glad Giamanut bird-dogged the universal (aka "comfortable") solution ;-)

Scratch that, the volvo site emailed me to say they don't actually have the bolts.

Yep, I went ahead and ordered them.
    Good for you! Hope everything works out great!
    I am loving the way mine is running if it wasn't wet out I would go for a spin!

Quote Originally Posted by Giamanut View Post
    Its not that they are wrong, its what they sell. According to some advice I got from an experienced Delorean tech, they are not rated high enough for use in the PRV. The are bolts for a chevy, and they do fit, but apparently will stretch and cause the a head gasket leak. I tried to get some NOS bolts from huston but they only had 12 left in stock, and mixing and matching head bolts seems like a bad idea so I passed on them.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Its not that they are wrong, its what they sell. According to some advice I got from an experienced Delorean tech, they are not rated high enough for use in the PRV. The are bolts for a chevy, and they do fit, but apparently will stretch and cause the a head gasket leak. I tried to get some NOS bolts from huston but they only had 12 left in stock, and mixing and matching head bolts seems like a bad idea so I passed on them.
    I find it hard to believe that Chevy bolts are not rated high enough. But that be the case, call Summit they have Chromoly, Cadmium....

My VIN:    03572

What do the rating numbers on the heads of the bolts say?
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast