FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Door Handle fail

My VIN:    01067

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Door Handle fail

HI, I have an 81 D. The door handle just(finally) broke off. Where can I get a replacement? How hard is it to replace? Any how to's out there?
    THX

My VIN:    5312

- OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    01067

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Thx

THanks Riley88. Looks to be out of stock Ugh

My VIN:    Midproduction

Give DMCMW a call; They most likely have something on the shelf. (815) 459-6439
    Otherwise, overseas sellers like Deloreango and Ed Uding have them, but it looks like Deloreango won't dispatch until 19 Nov*.
    https://www.deloreango.com/us/metal-...dles-pair.html
    https://www.delorean.eu/catalog/prod...ucts_id=165001

My VIN:    6585

Don't forget to lubricate the inside of the cable sheath, and adjust the play on the cable once the new handle is installed so that you don't preload the bellcrank. Otherwise it can cause the locks inside of the latches to jamb.

If that does happen, just press down in the internal door handle to reset the bellcrank to free the door.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Don't forget to lubricate the inside of the cable sheath, and adjust the play on the cable once the new handle is installed so that you don't preload the bellcrank. Otherwise it can cause the locks inside of the latches to jamb.

If that does happen, just press down in the internal door handle to reset the bellcrank to free the door.
    I had to wd-40 up the new handle as well. I installed it as is and the handle would not retract.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

I've been thinking of replacing both my handles. My drivers side is metal, but is a replacement from sometime in the mid 80s or early 90s. Anyone familiar with any early metal replacements? My passenger side is original plastic, and every time I open that door i'm just waiting for it to snap. Probably happen today now that I summoned the gods.

Anyone have a review of the DeloreanGo and the DMCH replacements? Looks like the DeloreanGo comes as a pair for a nice price compared to the DMCH.

My VIN:    2245

Quote Originally Posted by dmcerik View Post
    I've been thinking of replacing both my handles. My drivers side is metal, but is a replacement from sometime in the mid 80s or early 90s. Anyone familiar with any early metal replacements? My passenger side is original plastic, and every time I open that door i'm just waiting for it to snap. Probably happen today now that I summoned the gods.

Anyone have a review of the DeloreanGo and the DMCH replacements? Looks like the DeloreanGo comes as a pair for a nice price compared to the DMCH.
    With the old metal handles you replace the plastic handle but reuse everything else. The new handles look better than the old ones, you won't have to reuse anything from the old handles. I believe both vendors sell the same handles, get the cheaper set. The rubber behind the handle is hard plastic on the replacements, I had a stud snap off on my passenger side while installing.

My VIN:    5043

What was everyones technique when trying to get the nuts on the new door handle studs? 1/4 inch socket to help keep the socket on the nut? Did you use a deep well socket? Lightly tape the nut to the socket?

My VIN:    16409

I have a set of these if anybody wants to rebuild their original handles with metal parts.

027829DC-3C09-4079-98F1-E77905375898.jpg
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast