FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: VIN 2022, LS Swap

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by BABIS View Post
    awesome engine swap!

a quick question about this piece:
    is this master cylinder plug and play on the stock location? same thread for the clutch hose and reservoir hose adaptor?
    is the pedal feeling lighter?
    Thanks!
    I would not use a smaller bore master cylinder with the stock transmission and slave cylinder setup. it would result in only partial disengagement of the pressure plate due to lack of stoke.

As for the wilwood master it bolts up, but the clevis needs to be modified and a adapter fitting used to interface with the delorean clutch line. I just made a new line front to back.
    It also only comes in bores smaller than stock. Once again you would only use this in applications that do not use the stock transmission.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I would not use a smaller bore master cylinder with the stock transmission and slave cylinder setup. it would result in only partial disengagement of the pressure plate due to lack of stoke.

As for the wilwood master it bolts up, but the clevis needs to be modified and a adapter fitting used to interface with the delorean clutch line. I just made a new line front to back.
    It also only comes in bores smaller than stock. Once again you would only use this in applications that do not use the stock transmission.
    not the answer I wanted to hear but thanks anyway! it looks like that the key will be to find a softer spring for stock master
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

I still haven't completed a permanent air filter setup for my EFI conversion. My filter currently sits above the exhaust by the expansion tank - pretty awful since it's sucking in all that hot air and my MAF/IAT is right after the filter reading it all. I'd like to make something like you have pictured, Josh, where the filter goes into the pontoon. I'd need to cut into the passenger side since that is the direction all my piping is going. My question is, do you block off the vent that goes to the exterior of the rear quarter panel so the filter remains dry should the vehicle get caught in the rain or during a wash? Have you noticed more dirt or dust with the filter in the pontoon?
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    10270

I have an AEM Dry Flo filter in about the same spot as Josh's build here.

I also have the AEM 1-4000 prefilter sock on it for good measure, but the last inspection didn't show strong evidence of getting wet. Dust was as expected but the prefilter caught most of it.

That's after maybe 2500-3000 miles in varying conditions.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

not the answer I wanted to hear but thanks anyway! it looks like that the key will be to find a softer spring for stock master
    I have tried a softer spring in the stock master with poor results. Hopefully your experience is better.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    I still haven't completed a permanent air filter setup for my EFI conversion. My filter currently sits above the exhaust by the expansion tank - pretty awful since it's sucking in all that hot air and my MAF/IAT is right after the filter reading it all. I'd like to make something like you have pictured, Josh, where the filter goes into the pontoon. I'd need to cut into the passenger side since that is the direction all my piping is going. My question is, do you block off the vent that goes to the exterior of the rear quarter panel so the filter remains dry should the vehicle get caught in the rain or during a wash? Have you noticed more dirt or dust with the filter in the pontoon?
    I have been running a filter in the pontoon the entire ownership of my car. This would be about 30-40k miles. It does get a bit dusty in there, but if you keep on top of the filter you should be fine. I drive gravel roads from time to time as well.
    It would be best to use a dryflow filter as Luke specified, i think I tired to run one but it did not come in the size i wanted so i went with the K&N. You need to be careful with oiled filters on MAF based systems as over oiling can contaminate the element in the sensor.
    Last edited by Josh; 11-21-2019 at 11:27 AM.

[email protected]
    lsdelorean.com

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I have tried a softer spring in the stock master with poor results. Hopefully your experience is better.
    I don't want to go OT more than necessary, so I'll end saying that when I drove a Renault Alpine (basically same engine same gearbox same clutch and even same slave cyl) the clutch pedal effort was equal to a modern car.. the experience made me think that the problem was all in our master cyl..
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

I don't want to go OT more than necessary, so I'll end saying that when I drove a Renault Alpine (basically same engine same gearbox same clutch and even same slave cyl) the clutch pedal effort was equal to a modern car.. the experience made me think that the problem was all in our master cyl..
    In my humble opinion the issue is the pedal box. the clutch pedal has an intermediate linkage that promotes slop in the setup and there is very little leverage. If you look at a clutch pedal in any other car, including that alpine (boy that would be a cool car to drive) you will find the clutch pedal setup is very different.

[email protected]
    lsdelorean.com

My VIN:    795

Hey there, been drooling over LS swapped DeLoreans for a while and the documentation you have provided will be an invaluable resource for me in the future. For now I'd like to ask, do you or anyone else make the engine mounts and crossmember to sell for those of us who want to do the swap ourselves? Been eyeing up a project DeLorean that will be in need of an engine so it seems like the perfect time to get an LS in there. I like the idea of using a Porsche 6 speed like you have here as well. I swapped an LS into a 1985 Trans Am a few years ago and my only real concern with swapping a DeLorean is getting the engine and trans mounted up properly. I work at a sheet metal fabrication shop, so I do have the resources to fabricate my own parts if needed. Even if I could get some measurements or a rough sketch from you that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Oxi View Post
    Hey there, been drooling over LS swapped DeLoreans for a while and the documentation you have provided will be an invaluable resource for me in the future. For now I'd like to ask, do you or anyone else make the engine mounts and crossmember to sell for those of us who want to do the swap ourselves? Been eyeing up a project DeLorean that will be in need of an engine so it seems like the perfect time to get an LS in there. I like the idea of using a Porsche 6 speed like you have here as well. I swapped an LS into a 1985 Trans Am a few years ago and my only real concern with swapping a DeLorean is getting the engine and trans mounted up properly. I work at a sheet metal fabrication shop, so I do have the resources to fabricate my own parts if needed. Even if I could get some measurements or a rough sketch from you that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    Sent you a pm

[email protected]
    lsdelorean.com

Recent picture of 2022 passing CO emissions testing. Once again I retailed all the LS specific emissions equipment in anticipation of this.

[email protected]
    lsdelorean.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast