FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla cybertruck

My VIN:    10201

Tesla cybertruck

Has anyone else seen the new Tesla cyber truck design? There's something to familiar to it

My VIN:    02378 & 15500 - Previous owner of 4363, 5319, 5692, 10246, 01924, 04389, 03133, 11408, 10989

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Has anyone else seen the new Tesla cyber truck design? There's something to familiar to it
    Yes, I watched the launch of the vehicle this morning. I heard coworkers mention it looks similar to a Delorean. Let's hope the vehicle performs better than the shatterproof windows :-)
    Kirk

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Thanks for posting the topic. By asking about the design do we consider the use of a stainless steel body?

Their door-bashing demo results are different from what one would get with same sledgehammer test on a DeLorean. Elon claims some kind of extra-hard alloy is the key. No comment so far about whether they would paint such a thing.

As for the styling there will be mountains of posts on Tesla forums about its styling and size. I see more of a resemblance to a Stealth bomber than to a DeLorean aside from the stainless and the big, flat windshield.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    16795

My 7 year old daughter happened to walk by while I was reading a new story about the truck, saw the picture on my computer screen and said "Hey, it's a DeLorean truck.".

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

It's more of a concept than anything but I do not seeing any vehicle that looks that ridiculous to be produced. The Pontiac Aztec looks better than that IMO
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

My VIN:    10201

I didn't watch the demos. I saw the pictures with the shattered glass though. From what I read the stainless panels are 3mm thick and cold rolled. Don't know any other details. Also read that they won't paint it, but will offer vinyl wraps instead.

I wish the roof was flat instead of a peak but otherwise I like it. I can see how others wouldn't do. It looks straight out of an 80s scifi movie and I completely approve.

Formally hmm252000

My VIN:    4099

Club(s):   (PNDC)

During the launch, it flashed in the background real quick of the inspirations of the design. One of them was the James Bond Lotus. So between that and the stainless panels, I can see why it would be compared to the DeLorean. I just think it's pretty cool that we'll soon have another production vehicle that uses unpainted SS for the majority of the body panels.

If you can get past the looks, the specs are very impressive. Will be interesting to see what the final production version looks like as well.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I see more of a resemblance to a Stealth bomber than to a DeLorean aside from the stainless and the big, flat windshield.
    I wonder if radar will not work on this truck. That goes for cops checking speed and the new cars automatic braking.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaker4981 View Post
    It's more of a concept than anything but I do not seeing any vehicle that looks that ridiculous to be produced. The Pontiac Aztec looks better than that IMO
    +1
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast