FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Tesla cybertruck

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Nice! Where was the C&C? There was a huge Tesla meet Saturday in Miami - I couldn't make it though.
    Thanks. It was in Orlando, (Winter Park specifically).
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

- Martin - VIN 5436 -

Tesla cars tricked into speeding by electrical tape

Formally hmm252000

My VIN:    4099

Club(s):   (PNDC)

To clarify what this was about, they did this on an AP1 equipped Tesla. AP1 was only used from about 2014 thru 2016 on the Model S/X. All cars since then (including the hundreds of thousands of Model 3s currently on the road) use AP2.x or AP3. The newer systems don't read speed signs and instead uses Google map data to determine the speed limit of the road it's on. Also not mentioned is this is with TACC or AP, both of which will not go faster then the car in front of it. So if you are in traffic, the car won't suddenly accelerate and crash into the car in front, it will simply keep pace with it as before. Being a Level 2 system, the driver is expected to maintain awareness of the car and surroundings, so if there was no traffic, they could easily shut the system off (it doesn't do any hard acceleration, so the driver would have plenty of time to notice something was wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris4099 View Post
    To clarify what this was about, they did this on an AP1 equipped Tesla. AP1 was only used from about 2014 thru 2016 on the Model S/X. All cars since then (including the hundreds of thousands of Model 3s currently on the road) use AP2.x or AP3. The newer systems don't read speed signs and instead uses Google map data to determine the speed limit of the road it's on. Also not mentioned is this is with TACC or AP, both of which will not go faster then the car in front of it. So if you are in traffic, the car won't suddenly accelerate and crash into the car in front, it will simply keep pace with it as before. Being a Level 2 system, the driver is expected to maintain awareness of the car and surroundings, so if there was no traffic, they could easily shut the system off (it doesn't do any hard acceleration, so the driver would have plenty of time to notice something was wrong).
    Thanks for that info.
    Interesting the news article is dated today 2/19/2020.

Formally hmm252000

My VIN:    4099

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Tesla's AP1 system uses a MobileEye system. The same system other car makers have used in probably millions of other cars. It's just that Tesla makes for a more flashy video and it actually leverages that speed info for the TACC. Most other cars simply used the speed sign info to display the speed limit on the dash and that's all. Because it's a MobileEye system, it would actually require MobileEye to fix their recognition software, not Tesla. However, I suppose Tesla could add some programming on their system to not trust a reported speed that's 50MPH over what Google Maps says it should be.

I'm sure as self driving cars become more common, people will try to mess with them. They key thing to remember, a lot of these tricks will impact human drivers as well. I'm sure there are a lot of people that think it's perfectly OK to drive up to 85MPH in the city if the sign says so. While a self driving car should be better then a human, the bar is pretty low out there!

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Tesla has seized using MobileEye with recent production vehicles.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    03500

This popped up on Instagram

Dave B.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    This popped up on Instagram

Dave B.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Be careful with what you see on the internet. I have no idea if that is real or fake but my initial thought is that 3 of those bastards on the top of a car carrier would make that significantly top heavy and I cannot fathom that they'd load them like that (especially with no weight on the bottom)

I mean... a Cyber Truck is probably going to weigh what, 4 tons?
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaker4981 View Post
    Be careful with what you see on the internet. I have no idea if that is real or fake but my initial thought is that 3 of those bastards on the top of a car carrier would make that significantly top heavy and I cannot fathom that they'd load them like that (especially with no weight on the bottom)

I mean... a Cyber Truck is probably going to weigh what, 4 tons?
    You're right, the picture could be a fake or it's a real picture of fake trucks, bodies with no motors, battery packs, etc... Not at all like Tesla to engage in publicity stunts
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast