FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Tesla cybertruck

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I'll be honest. The Cybertruck is cool as a Blade Runner spinner but it will have to meet some goals before I am a serious player. First, I can't figure out if it has carpet or one of those rubber mat lined floors. If I am going to shell out 50k for a truck, it better have carpet. Second, I would want to have SOMETHING in front of my wheel. I don't want a Model 3 layout and I don't want to have to look at the center console to find out my speed. I would like some basic info on the instrument panel location, I would even settle for a HUD. Third, the while exoskeleton (aka unibody) needs to be addressed. If someone runs into my quarter, how will that be fixed? With the D, individual panels are replaceable but the quarter, fenders, and roof are all one piece and the metal is so tough it's unworkable. How does one repair a panel that is unworkable and unpaintable without disassembly of the entire vehicle and replacing the core structure? A few other odds and ends like the tires, they don't look cheap, they look like they are custom made and they don't look like they would last long driving on pavement.

I am sure these questions will be answered in the next year or so.

Nothing witty here lest it offend

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Bwhahahaha!!!

After giving myself time to do some deliberation, I ordered my dual motor AWD version today. Can't wait....
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Just to echo what many have said:
    - I like odd cars (obviously)
    - It's connection to the DeLorean can't be denied
    - I too put $100 down on the 4wd version.
    It's completely refundable so when it ACTUALLY hits the market in about 3 years I'll buy, get a refund, or sell my place in line.

Cheers!
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

BTTF scene remake using Cybertruck

A BTTF scene remake using Cybertruck...

I figured it was only a matter of time.

I liked the plate: LOL GAS
    Last edited by DMC-81; 02-06-2020 at 12:44 PM.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Second, I would want to have SOMETHING in front of my wheel. I don't want a Model 3 layout and I don't want to have to look at the center console to find out my speed. I would like some basic info on the instrument panel location, I would even settle for a HUD.
    I own a 2020 Model 3 and I love the layout. Minimal, but everything needed. The speed in the upper left is not as hard to see as people think. This car (and Teslas) has spoiled me for every other vehicle out there with an "old" internal combustion engine... (DMC-12 exluded ) It's the future and it's glorious.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

I had another person render the Cybertruck with this more street oriented wheel and tire package. Since my truck will spend most of the time on the road, I would prefer a wheel package similar to this. What do you think?

Dana

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    I had another person render the Cybertruck with this more street oriented wheel and tire package. Since my truck will spend most of the time on the road, I would prefer a wheel package similar to this. What do you think?

I have seen many renderings/photoshop adjustments that make the truck look much better than the prototype. Wheels and tires on the prototype are pretty ugly. I like the subtle positive offset a lot of renderings like yours show. I also think the fender trim is bland. Some more extreme bodywork really sets the design off especially if it comes somewhat flush with the aforementioned offset. I think we are all getting ahead of ourselves though.

The truck is almost 2 years away which in Tesla talk is probably closer to 3. Wheel/tire design may be integral to the function of the vehicle and cannot be changed, or maybe it will affect warranty or performance such as range.

I am pretty much forgetting about the truck lest I become prematurely excited like the tools waiting 8 years for the new DeLorean.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I have seen many renderings/photoshop adjustments that make the truck look much better than the prototype. Wheels and tires on the prototype are pretty ugly. I like the subtle positive offset a lot of renderings like yours show. I also think the fender trim is bland. Some more extreme bodywork really sets the design off especially if it comes somewhat flush with the aforementioned offset. I think we are all getting ahead of ourselves though.

The truck is almost 2 years away which in Tesla talk is probably closer to 3. Wheel/tire design may be integral to the function of the vehicle and cannot be changed, or maybe it will affect warranty or performance such as range.

I am pretty much forgetting about the truck lest I become prematurely excited like the tools waiting 8 years for the new DeLorean.
    Yeah, the tire package on the prototype looked like something out of RoboCop. I read that in a podcast Elon Musk said his " “inspiration board” for the pickup included the movies ‘Blade Runner,’ ‘Mad Max,’ ‘Back to the Future,’ ‘Aliens’ – that’s why it looks like that.”

....I knew there was a DeLorean connection.

I know it's arrival is quite some time away, but, to me it's fun to experiment with things like this while we are waiting. It was 4 years before the Gen 5 Camaro went from concept to showroom (2006 - 2010). I was equally excited and remember waiting patiently for that one as well. After the financial calamity and GM's bankruptcy, I lost hope for a while.

Today I went to a Cars and Coffee and two Tesla owners were talking about the CT. One of them had a silver Model X and ordered a CT. The other one brought his Ferrari. They both were very complimentary of the DeLorean. So we got talking and eventually decided to do a photo op for the crowd:

I guess "Birds of a feather flock together ".

It was a fun morning.
    Last edited by DMC-81; 02-09-2020 at 07:11 PM.
    Dana

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Nice! Where was the C&C? There was a huge Tesla meet Saturday in Miami - I couldn't make it though.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast