FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: You may try and talk me out of getting a DeLorean

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    Yes, get a DeLorean. Then put a real engine in it.
    Clockwork or rubberband?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Glad we got the "short" version!

You know I'm kidding. I love your posts.
    You know there are two main rights of passage for every DeLorean owner: working in the Valley of Death, and reading my posts until the end.

Doesn't matter what I say though. Or anyone else for that matter in this case. The original intent of OP wasn't self-education or fact finding. It was nothing more than a call for attention. From the unnecessary inclusion of pointless personal facts, to the name of this thread itself: everything here is meant to be antagonizing to get a response back from people.

Attention was the goal here, not fact finding.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    You know there are two main rights of passage for every DeLorean owner: working in the Valley of Death, and reading my posts until the end.

Doesn't matter what I say though. Or anyone else for that matter in this case. The original intent of OP wasn't self-education or fact finding. It was nothing more than a call for attention. From the unnecessary inclusion of pointless personal facts, to the name of this thread itself: everything here is meant to be antagonizing to get a response back from people.

I hear ya. I feel the same about posts like these which is why my responses to these type of questions get answered with a certain zeal. Long story short, you either want one of these cars or you don't. If you do want one, little crap like rear view visibility, parking ease and being haunted by dead cow ghosts should not even be on your radar because if that stuff does cause problems or even concern, the REAL idiosyncrasies will put you on your azz and the entire experience will leave you with a bad taste in your mouth(similar to soy burgers).

Do cow ghosts say "boo" or "moo"?
    Last edited by Michael; 11-30-2019 at 08:00 AM.

My VIN:    6585

I hear ya. I feel the same about posts like these which is why my responses to these type of questions get answered with a certain zeal. Long story short, you either want one of these cars or you don't. If you do want one, little crap like rear view visibility, parking ease and being haunted by dead cow ghosts should not even be on your radar because if that stuff does cause problems or even concern, the REAL idiosyncrasies will put you on your and the entire experience will leave you with a bad taste in your mouth(similar to soy burgers).
    Yup. People who are serious about ownership take a completely different path than this.

Do cow ghosts say "boo" or "moo"?
    Hell, can we even call them ghosts now? Perhaps they're non-binary interdenominational entities that we're no longer allowed to call dead because they *identify* as "living".
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Buy a BMW i3. That car seems to be more up your alley, or if you must have unusual doors and can afford one, a used i8. You're welcome.

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post

That is a valid point, (and I agree,) but at the same time it reminds me to think of when I was new and made my first post. It's fun to look back and compare "then vs. now." I don't recall ever being "DMCVegas-ed," so I must've been a good new owner & a model poster....lol. I got a very good reception and a lot of help on my first post: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?86...l=1#post126308

I agree the OP has an odd opener, but sometimes things are lost in translation online (sometimes, not -lol.) NightFlyer Josh got on me a little bit when I was new, but we soon became very good friends and he has helped me alot.
    Sometimes a first impression is the toughest one.
    Last edited by Rich_NYS; 11-30-2019 at 11:13 AM.

My VIN:    10201

When I decided I wanted a delorean, almost nothing would have stopped me from getting one unless there was a SERIOUS reliability problem or danger. I even had a friend who did his best to convince me not to buy the car and he came to the realization that it was not objectively a bad car. As far as issues go, something that would have stopped me is something like what stopped me from wanting an early 2000s boxster. I learned about the IMS bearing failures and didnt want a car with a self destructing engine or having to pay $2k+ to fix some seriously poor engineering.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    That is a valid point, (and I agree,) but at the same time it reminds me to think of when I was new and made my first post. It's fun to look back and compare "then vs. now." I don't recall ever being "DMCVegas-ed," so I must've been a good new owner & a model poster....lol. I got a very good reception and a lot of help on my first post: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?86...l=1#post126308

I agree the OP has an odd opener, but sometimes things are lost in translation online (sometimes, not -lol.) NightFlyer Josh got on me a little bit when I was new, but we soon became very good friends and he has helped me alot.
    Sometimes a first impression is the toughest one.
    My first post was 11 years ago on the old site and most were encouraging although I made my mind up and wasn't asking any questions as if I were dipping my toe in the water to check the temp. A user named "JimJam" was on me like a pit bull on a poodle, doing his best to tell me how I would be cursed in the fiery pits of hell if I were to buy a DeLorean and what a disappoint it would be. My wife was scared but I wasn't phased and in less than 2 months after my first post I bought one. Still have it, still love it. You hear me Jim Jam? Just because you had a troublesome car doesn't mean they all are.

Some people come here mind made up cash in hand, some come looking to be sold, like wondering in a car showroom waiting for a salesman to pump them full of the warm fuzzies. They have either pondered the decision and want someone to push them across the line or they are just curious about it and want an informed person to give them the lay of the land before they go any further with the decision process. It's all good. I sometimes forget that and I need to realize everyone is different in their "journey".

My VIN:    03572

Jim Jam had a lot of hard to fix problems early with his car. I think he got most of them fixed and still owns the car.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

I see it a little differently. Yes he posted to get everyone's attention but that is the point of posting in the first place. Young people think differently and those in La La land think even more differently. Especially the ones that don't eat meat. To them it isn't just about diet, it is a way of life, kind of like a religion. He has friends and wants to impress them with his commitment to being vegan. It is not about the car as much. Anyone buying a Delorean that has a young family and asks if he can put a child seat in the car knows what he is doing is highly impractical in the first place. But this is how they think. At least this is how I see it.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast