FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: B280e

B280e

Hi, I have a late complete B280E efi engine which I was going to use to build a turbo monster, but life got in the way.

The block is the last generation strongest type with thick walled 91mm liners (good for boring out to 93mm) and cross-bolted centre journals, high flow oil pump and I *think*, under-piston oil jets.

It has the most aggressive cams of any production PRV. These have been used to great effect in turbo engines stateside.

Anyone interested in either the engine as a whole or just parts from it? eg cams, block, intake manifold etc. I want this to go to someone who appreciates its rarity.

I bought it about 10 years ago and it came from a running car. I've stored it sympathetically and the crank still turns freely.

Happy to supply a renault EFI flywheel and bellhousing to suit the delorean, just be sure your engine management is happy with a 66/3 pattern

Engine is in the UK
    Last edited by DCUK Martin; 12-07-2019 at 03:58 PM.
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

Looking to get $1500 for the engine with flywheel and bellhousing ONO, plus shipping. Getting a quote together from a pallet shipping company now.
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

What would you let the cams go for, and do you have the balancing shaft?
    -----Dan B.

Thanks for your message. None of the 2.8s have the balance shaft, you only find that on european spec 3.0 engines and that timing cover makes the DeLorean belt setup tricky. $500 shipped for the cams.
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------