FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: AVO Shocks or Coil Over?

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

I have DPI's QA1's on my car and I have no complaints. Been on there now for over 3 years with no issues. My car is used as one of my daily drivers and see's about 13k miles a year. Several days a week I take 11035 on a 164 mile a day commute to work and over various road conditions and how I have the valves adjusted make for a firm ride that doesn't beat the car to death. Added to the list when I purchased the QA1's is the LCA support bars which help to reduce front end body roll tremendously.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    10201

Can someone please answer the questions in the original post?

What's really going to be the functional difference between adjustable shocks or coilovers?

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    I have DPI's QA1's on my car and I have no complaints. Been on there now for over 3 years with no issues. My car is used as one of my daily drivers and see's about 13k miles a year. Several days a week I take 11035 on a 164 mile a day commute to work and over various road conditions and how I have the valves adjusted make for a firm ride that doesn't beat the car to death. Added to the list when I purchased the QA1's is the LCA support bars which help to reduce front end body roll tremendously.

Christian, did you see the link we sent you? I believe you were asking us about these before. Sent an text.

https://deloreanindustries.com/19-ra...air-stainless/
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Christian, did you see the link we sent you? I believe you were asking us about these before. Sent an text.

https://deloreanindustries.com/19-ra...air-stainless/
    No i didn't. Email?

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Sending again.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post

What's really going to be the functional difference between adjustable shocks or coilovers?
    Biggest thing is not having to fight front lowering springs into place. Along with the ability to fully adjust the ride height front and rear with a true coil over configuration. With a spring held between the lower arm and frame you are stuck with the lower rate provided by the spring. This can be adjusted considerably with a coil over set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Biggest thing is not having to fight front lowering springs into place. Along with the ability to fully adjust the ride height front and rear with a true coil over configuration. With a spring held between the lower arm and frame you are stuck with the lower rate provided by the spring. This can be adjusted considerably with a coil over set up.
    Got it. Don't know why I had completely forgotten about the adjustable ride height. Just slipped my mind lol. Considering I'll most likely be adding around 200lbs to the front axle with the batteries, I definitely want more adjustability. I got a set for my z3 with a camber plate and will be looking at possibly adapting a similar setup to the DeLorean.

When KW has a DMC specific coilover, I don't know why anyone would consider QA1 components made-to-fit for nearly the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate88 View Post
    Are the coil overs "better"? Why?

Just want to get the opinions of the community that are running some of these setups.

Thanks for any input!
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post

Coilover allows for the ride height and the balance of the car to be adjusted to each owner/driver's needs; spring rates and adjustable dampening so the components work together instead of against each other; actual performance upgrade over merely lowering the car; weight reduction; allows for a quicker install.

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    When KW has a DMC specific coilover, I don't know why anyone would consider QA1 components made-to-fit for nearly the same price.
    List of QA1 components I got was around $1k. KW's set is $1650. It's definitely the most expensive set I've seen for the delorean.

They don't use the actual picture on the site so I wasn't sure about them, but the instructions do show them on an actual Delorean.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast