FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LSEAT Leather seat covers

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    New leather seats are good for the planet! By turning cows into seats we stop them from killing the planet with their farts :-)
    To respond to the obvious troll, making leather is incredibly polluting, and an insane amount of water. But whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    To respond to the obvious troll, making leather is incredibly polluting, and an insane amount of water. But whatever.
    Yes but the polar caps are melting, which means we have more water!

Sadly the hovercraft D is sold.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

New leather seats are good for the planet! By turning cows into seats we stop them from killing the planet with their farts :-)
    😂😂
    My next project is cutting through the floor boards for a Fred Flinstone type propulsion system.

My VIN:    10201

Ever since your original post, I've been giving this a lot of thought and some research. Basically anything that seats can be made from are terrible. Your options are using a dead cow skins or non-biodegradable petrochemicals. That's why we're all going to the bad place no matter what choices we make.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Ever since your original post, I've been giving this a lot of thought and some research. Basically anything that seats can be made from are terrible. Your options are using a dead cow skins or non-biodegradable petrochemicals. That's why we're all going to the bad place no matter what choices we make.
    It's true that many of the materials we use to make stuff are pretty awful (concrete, plastic) and it's true that leather can be extremely durable (although magnitudes worse than most people realize). Of course if you were the flavor of hippy which I'm not, then you might be promoting hemp or something for seats.

I have a bag and wallet made our of cork, but it's not durable enough for your backside to sit on.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    Yes but the polar caps are melting, which means we have more water!
    The L-seat covers really are nice, and you can't beat the price. If either of my DeLoreans need new seats, I'll likely go that route. However, if price was not a factor, I would go the OEM route.

I'm going to hold off on buying or building a hovercraft as I have confidence that the world won't be underwater in the 60 or so years that I have left on this planet.

Where are the L-seat covers made?
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177
    1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (4.2 I6, 4 Speed)
    1983 Pontiac Trans Am (Knight Rider Conversion in progress)
    1985 Oldsmobile Toronado (daily driver)

Solex carb and antenna television guru.

"My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!" :-)

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

By the way, total respect on the vegan lifestyle. I eat kale and berries during the week...not joking, I really do!
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177

By the way, total respect on the vegan lifestyle. I eat kale and berries during the week...not joking, I really do!
    I had a friend at work who told me "replace the romaine in your Caeser salad with kale! You'll love it!" Needless to say, we are no longer friends.

Quote Originally Posted by L3V3L1 View Post
    I had a friend at work who told me "replace the romaine in your Caeser salad with kale! You'll love it!" Needless to say, we are no longer friends.
    Try Tuscan kale, it's worlds better than standard kale in terms of taste and texture. Ive been doing the MIND diet for a year and I feel better at 39 than I did at 19. Of course the best aspect of the diet is the glass of red wine at the end of the day! :-)
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast