FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Window tracks...

My VIN:    15275

Window tracks...

it has been years since I have put these in.... so i don't remember exactly how they should be adjusted...One of my window tracks has gotten a little off kilter after a small impact to the door.... I have the door apart and think I have it readjusted fairly well now but the front track seems to be off at the top. if the window is all the way up it is sticking out a little bit from the actual plastic part of the window frame it rides in.. anyone have any pics of the top of the track in relation to where it sits in the plastic guide?? also these tracks are very flimsy.. u can watch it move as the window rolls up or down.. thanks....

My VIN:    5051

Quote Originally Posted by painterdave72 View Post
    it has been years since I have put these in.... so i don't remember exactly how they should be adjusted...One of my window tracks has gotten a little off kilter after a small impact to the door.... I have the door apart and think I have it readjusted fairly well now but the front track seems to be off at the top. if the window is all the way up it is sticking out a little bit from the actual plastic part of the window frame it rides in.. anyone have any pics of the top of the track in relation to where it sits in the plastic guide?? also these tracks are very flimsy.. u can watch it move as the window rolls up or down.. thanks....
    I just put a new door on due to a shopping cart! I am heading down to finish the window right now I know the guys do stick up above the plastic a bit, I will let you know if I find any tricks! it was a PITA getting the window and tracks back in but that's where I am at with it right now!

hi

nice.. I did two nos doors on my car a few years ago. yes the window tracks are a pain and do stick up a bit.. but I just need a pic of how it sits in relation to the guide on the window as mine sticks out a bit. I have readjusted them as they were off a little and now it does not touch the door skin anymore but it is just out a litle at the top..

My VIN:    6472

Is your rubber window seal in place? This one: http://store.delorean.com/p-9767-out...e-seal-lh.aspx. It may provide the little bit of push the window needs to close properly.

My VIN:    5051

Quote Originally Posted by painterdave72 View Post
    nice.. I did two nos doors on my car a few years ago. yes the window tracks are a pain and do stick up a bit.. but I just need a pic of how it sits in relation to the guide on the window as mine sticks out a bit. I have readjusted them as they were off a little and now it does not touch the door skin anymore but it is just out a litle at the top..
    Okay just finished mine Only problem with it is it goes up and down way faster now. LOL Anyways if you disconnect the the motor track (2 nuts center of window) and have all the trim in place you should be able to move it up and down by hand freely
    there is 1 horizontal bolt on each bracket (track) that you can loosen to adjust tilt in and out. 2 bolts on the bottom of each bracket allows you to move the whole thing in or outward. So there is also a ton of slop in the guides so you don't have to be exact.
    If the bracket moves when you operate the window just loosen the bolts and move the till toward the movement . Good luck honestly it was super easy!

My VIN:    5312

I just installed new lower windows both side awhile ago, very FUN getting them out and in.
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

i need to

snap a few pic when I get back from vacation to show what I am talking about.. will be sometime next week.. merry late xmas!!!!! lol