FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: New delorean owner. So cal. Hello

New delorean owner. So cal. Hello

New delorean owner in rancho cucamonga
    Hello everyone. New owner here. Been wanting a Delorean since I was a kid. Finally got mine a few months ago and have been working on it periodically. I purchased pretty much a rolling shell but have most parts. I purchased the car with no engine or trans. I’ve been building cars since middle school. I’ve decided to power this Delorean by a 1jzgte. Ive read the post on the other JZ powered delorean but haven’t been able to get ahold of the builder. I’ve also sent out original wheels to be converted into three piece and will be 17’s front and 18’s rear. I’ve also upgraded the seats to a more sporty 80s honda prelude bucket seats. I feel they fit the car better. The entire interior is currently getting reupholstered and will be black with silver stitching by recaro. It will also have stainless steel grommets on the seats.

I am currently sourcing a set of coil overs. Trying to decide what’s the best bang for my buck. A couple companies hace jumped on board including Falken tire. Anyway, glad to join y’all and hope to see y’all at a local meet sometime. Feel free to ask any questions or suggest any ideas y’all may have.

Thanks
    Javier.

My VIN:    03430

Sounds like a fun project! Im looking for a reasonably priced project myself! Because if you’re going to have a project car, why not do it with some style!?! At least, thats the way i see it. Have fun man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    Former owner of 10439 Currently own 06291

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

good luck with your new D. It is a fun hobby
    Adam Brandt
    Former owner of 10439 Stage II
    Owner of 06291 DMCH rebuild, Stage II, Eibach, SS Frame

My VIN:    10907

Have you gotten in touch with the SoCal or OC DeLorean clubs? There are a lot of knowledgeable and enthusiastic owners in CA who I'm sure would be interested in meeting up with you and helping you with tech support. Good luck with your project!

Quote Originally Posted by andyo View Post
    Sounds like a fun project! Im looking for a reasonably priced project myself! Because if you’re going to have a project car, why not do it with some style!?! At least, thats the way i see it. Have fun man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Andy. Yes I agree, doing it with style. lol. These things seam to be going up and up in value. Im glad i was able to get one before the peak. Good luck on your search. They are still out there. In fact, Beverly Hills Motor Cars has one for 19K. Needs work but still a good platform to start out.

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Have you gotten in touch with the SoCal or OC DeLorean clubs? There are a lot of knowledgeable and enthusiastic owners in CA who I'm sure would be interested in meeting up with you and helping you with tech support. Good luck with your project!
    Hello Dara, I did post in the SoCal section but no replies. Maybe thy are not happy Im butchering a Delorean. Its ok, Im building thins for me and not because I want acceptance of other PURIST Delorean owners. I respect their opinions and can understand why maybe they are not happy this Delorean will not be an original looking one. BTW, i notice everyone post numbers of their Delorean. Is that last six numbers of the vin? cheers

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by JZ DMC View Post
    Hello Dara, I did post in the SoCal section but no replies. Maybe thy are not happy Im butchering a Delorean. Its ok, Im building thins for me and not because I want acceptance of other PURIST Delorean owners. I respect their opinions and can understand why maybe they are not happy this Delorean will not be an original looking one.
    Or maybe they just haven't seen your post yet, or maybe they have seen way too many posts just like this only to have the OP get in way over his head and abandon the project...and before you say something like "Well I'm different, been doing this since High school, I own a body shop, etc....." yeah we have heard that. I'm not saying you won't or can't do what you are planning, I'm saying for every engine swap that has come to fruition, there are 10 that either were ditched or wound up being a hack job and maybe most people are just taking your first posts with a grain of salt.

As to the "purists" comments, there are probably a few purists here but most all of us are enthusiasts. Canon takes a backseat to reliability. I would guess 95% or more of us are excited to see properly done swaps, it's just we also remember Rowdy Gowdy and know what happens to these poor cars when the half hearted modders get their hands on one.

Best of luck to you and I hope your vision turns into reality. You might even consider starting a thread and updating with pics of the process as others have done. It makes for a fun journey for all of us to share in the excitement.

Oh and welcome!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Or maybe they just haven't seen your post yet, or maybe they have seen way too many posts just like this only to have the OP get in way over his head and abandon the project...and before you say something like "Well I'm different, been doing this since High school, I own a body shop, etc....." yeah we have heard that. I'm not saying you won't or can't do what you are planning, I'm saying for every engine swap that has come to fruition, there are 10 that either were ditched or wound up being a hack job and maybe most people are just taking your first posts with a grain of salt.

As to the "purists" comments, there are probably a few purists here but most all of us are enthusiasts. Canon takes a backseat to reliability. I would guess 95% or more of us are excited to see properly done swaps, it's just we also remember Rowdy Gowdy and know what happens to these poor cars when the half hearted modders get their hands on one.

Best of luck to you and I hope your vision turns into reality. You might even consider starting a thread and updating with pics of the process as others have done. It makes for a fun journey for all of us to share in the excitement.

Oh and welcome!
    Well said Mike. I can definitely understand where you are coming from. People on this forum don't know me one bit so yes I can understand and can already hear them saying "yea yea, Good luck pal, We heard it before" lol. As far as pictures go, I am doing a video log and will be uploading the first episode of the build within the next coupe weeks. I will post link here. Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can assure you this build will be done tastefully and im sure most Delorean enthusiast will be content with the results.

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by JZ DMC View Post
    Well said Mike. I can definitely understand where you are coming from. People on this forum don't know me one bit so yes I can understand and can already hear them saying "yea yea, Good luck pal, We heard it before" lol. As far as pictures go, I am doing a video log and will be uploading the first episode of the build within the next coupe weeks. I will post link here. Thanks for taking the time to comment. I can assure you this build will be done tastefully and im sure most Delorean enthusiast will be content with the results.
    Many of us are looking forward to it. Me personally, as long as the car stays in its true form and isnt rice'd out, im all for it! Sounds amazing
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts