FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: 74 degrees in December = Sunday Drive

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

74 degrees in December = Sunday Drive

Record high today and on a Sunday. I am kind of in the middle of a winter refresh but my car wasn't so far in that I couldn't button it up for a Sunday drive. I drove through the historic city of Blountville TN. Much of this town was destroyed in the battle of Blountville during the civil war.

20191229_181529.jpg
    20191229_151512.jpg
    20191229_181751.jpg
    20191229_134357.jpg
    Last edited by Michael; 12-29-2019 at 06:18 PM.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Burnside really screwed up that day and didn't push the initiative after the confederates began a withdrawal in fear of meeting their main body. (this prolonged the mess until Parke replaced him in early December) The clean up work in TN has always been a smaller footnote in the grand scheme of the entire operation. Most focus on the pinning down and demise of the army of Virginia and Sherman's total war. (to this day southerns like to say Tecumseh was a "bad man" but this is very debatable when comparing the atrocities on both sides) TN was just as important and broke the back of the confederacy and their will to turn the conflict into a gorilla war. Not to say that some didn't take this approach in the Texas theater which plagued reconstruction in the deep south dearly for years to come.

We need a Civil War/ War of Nothern aggression thread on here that we can all solemnly swear not to turn political.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    5312

Its been crazy good here in vb, But i just got my parts from dpi , so Im going to go have them installed. We will see if the weather stays this good! Damn these cars love days like this! great photos btw. Love that middle one
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Burnside really screwed up that day and didn't push the initiative after the confederates began a withdrawal in fear of meeting their main body. (this prolonged the mess until Parke replaced him in early December) The clean up work in TN has always been a smaller footnote in the grand scheme of the entire operation. Most focus on the pinning down and demise of the army of Virginia and Sherman's total war. (to this day southerns like to say Tecumseh was a "bad man" but this is very debatable when comparing the atrocities on both sides) TN was just as important and broke the back of the confederacy and their will to turn the conflict into a gorilla war. Not to say that some didn't take this approach in the Texas theater which plagued reconstruction in the deep south dearly for years to come.

We need a Civil War/ War of Nothern aggression thread on here that we can all solemnly swear not to turn political.
    In the past 4 or 5 years I began to realize what an amazing place this area is. I have always been more interested in the Revolutionary war than the Civil war and upper east TN has some great historic places to visit from both venues well within a day trip.

One thing I am fond of about most places in the south is the willingness to hang on to places forgotten. One of my favorite things to to be it on a motorcycle or my DeLorean is to go out and explore a road or area I have not been to and more often than not I find these cool little hideaway stores that time seems to have forgotten about. It's almost like a time warp to walk inside and still see old adverts on the walls even repoped drinks and snacks themselves.

Being in upper east TN allows me to visit lots of places in VA, NC, and Kentucky and even SC without much thought or planning. A DeLorean is so choice for such an adventure but I have to admit, my wife's little convertible sure is a fun car for a day drive too.

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Beautiful photos man! We have some good roads and areas out this way but nothing compared to your neck of the woods. I'd love to take my D on a tour of the Smokey Mountains and up through Cherokee National Park some day.
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

My VIN:    Sold: 04254

Looked like a great driving day! Love the photos, and love the stance on your DMC!
    In search of VIN 04254