FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Thinking about selling

Thinking about selling

I've owned the car just short of a year but a lot has changed in that year. First I came upon this car through a friend of a friend. We all became buddies and long story short when the friend past away the car came to me, well now the other friend has past away and I find myself in a funk.

I contacted the first friends mother who I promised to offer the car back to if I ever wanted to sell, she doesn't want the car, she sites her age and memories as her reasons.

While I can make an argument for keeping the car the circumstances around both passing's brings sadness for me.

I'll be mulling things over the next couple of months, if any of you want to dig deeper post your questions, if anyone of you might have a serious interest in owning a nice example of a Delorean, make it known and I'll get hold of you if I in fact sell the car come spring.

My VIN:    4519

I know someone who is currently looking. Where are you located?

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Already PMed, but marking interest here.

My VIN:    03430

Thinking about selling

Sorry to hear this. My condolences for your losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I know someone who is currently looking. Where are you located?
    I'm in North Eastern NJ, across the Hudson from NYC. The car was a California car until I got her late last winter.

My VIN:    10907

I'm sorry about your friends.

How long have you been feeling this way? Have you considered talking to a counselor?

Speaking as someone who considered selling my own car last year because it felt like it was bringing more misery than joy into my life, my advice is to give it some more time and see if the sadness passes and the car can become something you can enjoy again, and try to focus on the positive things and good memories of your friends.

Only you know what's going to make you feel better and if you genuinely don't think you can ever enjoy the car again without sad memories then maybe it really is time to move on but if you make a hasty decision based on strong emotions you may end up regretting it later.

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post

How long have you been feeling this way? Have you considered talking to a counselor?

Speaking as someone who considered selling my own car last year because it felt like it was bringing more misery than joy into my life, my advice is to give it some more time and see if the sadness passes and the car can become something you can enjoy again, and try to focus on the positive things and good memories of your friends.

Only you know what's going to make you feel better and if you genuinely don't think you can ever enjoy the car again without sad memories then maybe it really is time to move on but if you make a hasty decision based on strong emotions you may end up regretting it later.
    +1

Very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post

Thank you greatly for your advice, I took the spring/summer to think things over make a repair or two and see if I could get back to enjoying the car the way I had. Managed to take her to an informal show or two, spent some time swapping stories etc. While being with some car guys was nice I found after the gatherings that I was back down in the dumps about my departed friends. I'm not suicidal or depressed but enjoyment is no longer part of ownership.

I want to thank you all for the advice and thoughts. I'll do my best to get some photos together for those with serious interest soon. (I was sent a note from the mod(s) here about the reading the rules of selling an item, I didn't see what rule I broke but I want to apologize publicly as well as privately if I made some infraction.)

My VIN:    10907

I'm sorry that your ownership experience is ending on such a down note, but if you really aren't getting enough enjoyment out of the car to justify keeping it anymore, better to let it go now than let it sit and fall into disrepair. At least you've taken some time to consider your decision and if that's really what feels right to you, then maybe it's the best way to get closure. Best of luck with the sale and if you ever decide that you want to rejoin the DeLorean owner community, there will always be some good cars out there looking for a home.