FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DeLorean on 'Nice Price or Crack Pipe' - Jalopnik

My VIN:    #4595

DeLorean on 'Nice Price or Crack Pipe' - Jalopnik

Saw this and thought I'd post it here for discussion :-)

https://jalopnik.com/at-22-000-canad...1840745210/amp

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

All the obvious work has to be done, so that adds several thousand right there. No pictures of the the frame though, so the question is why such a seeming bargain?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Something tells me at that price, this car has been played with, but never actually restored. You can tell from the photos, that this car has sat and not been well taken care of. This one probably lands on the high side of $1,000 bucks per year of deferred maintenance, if not way more considering the interior is hosed as well. But still a bargain compared to the complete garbage no engine Delorean currently for sale on Ebay for $15,000.

My VIN:    17076

Club(s):   (DOI)

Known Scam

This is a known scam which has been going on up here for at least a year, the poster takes a sold car ad from the US, copies it and posts it up here. Its been happening with other cars and not only DeLoreans (but consistently so).

When you finally manage to contact the "seller", the claim they are away from the car, but it they will ship it to you for your inspection once a payment has been made, and if you don't like it, they will refund all your money.

When the get payment, they no longer exist - just like the imaginary car.

Here's the ad he stole the details from:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...E1hRnBWtNxGEM8

These posters are criminals, and should be treated as such.

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by 17076 View Post
    This is a known scam which has been going on up here for at least a year, the poster takes a sold car ad from the US, copies it and posts it up here. Its been happening with other cars and not only DeLoreans (but consistently so).

When you finally manage to contact the "seller", the claim they are away from the car, but it they will ship it to you for your inspection once a payment has been made, and if you don't like it, they will refund all your money.

When the get payment, they no longer exist - just like the imaginary car.

Here's the ad he stole the details from:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...E1hRnBWtNxGEM8

These posters are criminals, and should be treated as such.
    Oh Craigslist, let me count the ways!

Although I wonder what happened to the original car - reserve not met at 20K.

Quote Originally Posted by crbritt83 View Post
    But still a bargain compared to the complete garbage no engine Delorean currently for sale on Ebay for $15,000.
    True enough; parts only, I think. However, there is still a 14K car around here - incomplete and in pieces, mind. Surprising it hasn't sold yet.

Meanwhile, we have this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-DeLore...oAAOSw5K5eDUUS

Description helpfully reads, in full: "1981 DeLorean DMC-12 . Condition is Used." VIN is 3300.

My VIN:    3294

Description helpfully reads, in full: "1981 DeLorean DMC-12 . Condition is Used." VIN is 3300.
    If I had the garage space, I'd snatch that one up real quick. It's VIN # is only 6 cars away from mine (3294). What stands out to me on that Ebay car is that more than likely my car and it were both built on the same day. My car had a right fender mounted antenna and this one does not? Mine is also an automatic, whereas this one is a 5 speed. I can assume that at some point, the Ebay car had its right fender changed out.
    Last edited by bfloyd; 01-02-2020 at 04:39 PM.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    5312

This car is a scam, we have seen it over and over again. I went through a few scammers when i was shopping for my esprit actually with the same style story. That being said i see this car selling for 22k np nowdays. Ive seen WAY WORST ones sell for this amount on Bever Hills scam car club
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts