FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Driver side rear fender for sale

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Driver side rear fender for sale

I sold my D. and all my parts a few months ago as many of you know. Well, I totally forgot about the original driver side rear fender that has been hanging on my side fence since about 2007. The only way I remembered is I caught my wife putting it out for the garbage man!

The part behind the rear wheel was damaged when some idiot backed into me coming out of his parking space. I had DMCH give me my original back when they replaced it. I hammered it out using rudimentary tools and technique and it isn't terrible. Someone with more skill and better tools than I could probably get it back to near perfect. No tears.

I thought about keeping it as wall art in the new garage (house should be done in a few months), but then came to my senses. It's therefore for sale. Although it doesn't weigh too much the size of the box will add to shipping cost I'm sure. I see that a pristine new one goes for $1,246.86 at you-know-where, so being that mine will require some bodywork to be perfect, I'll ask a very reasonable $150 for it. I'll get a box big enough for it, package it as good as I can to protect it and ship it to you at cost. I'm in Houston if you would prefer to pick up.

What you see is what you get. No grill, no glass, no rub strip, no light or gasket. Excuse the dirt on it; the only damage is the obvious area.... it's wet in the photo, hence the weird lines.

I'd prefer to sell it to help someone with a restoration!
    Attached Images
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

I’ll take it. PM inbound.

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Well, we found out today just how ridiculously expensive it is to ship via UPS. It is back for sale, but local pickup only. If anyone is planning on driving from Houston to the East Coast any time soon however, I'm sure CFI would be willing to negotiate a deal.......
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    Well, we found out today just how ridiculously expensive it is to ship via UPS. It is back for sale, but local pickup only. If anyone is planning on driving from Houston to the East Coast any time soon however, I'm sure CFI would be willing to negotiate a deal.......

Check price to ship with Greyhound. They are very reasonable in shipping costs and handle larger items too.
    Ships terminal to terminal.

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by JETS 81 DMC View Post
    Check price to ship with Greyhound. They are very reasonable in shipping costs and handle larger items too.
    Ships terminal to terminal.
    +1

Steve shipped a rear fender to me last year (from Louisiana to NYS. It was around $100.