FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Performance Valve Springs

Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech RamblinDMC's Avatar

My VIN:    2203

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Performance Valve Springs

Does anyone know where I can get performance valve springs? I'm looking for stiffer valve springs similar to the type used on the Alpine A610

Thanks!

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Why? If you are trying to do it to reduce valve float, it is not a problem unless you are trying to increase the redline but you will have bigger problems than valve float. Stiffer springs will also cause more cam wear. If you are running a very "aggressive" cam you might want stiffer springs but then you should consider rollers not tappets. Hard to improve the PRV without doing a whole lot to it. It is a very well balanced and engineered motor in stock form. You will find it difficult to get a lot of aftermarket performance parts in the US for it. A big reason most who want more performance will just do an engine swap. A really good engine rebuilder may be able to match up some springs from some other motor that could fit.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by RamblinDMC View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get performance valve springs? I'm looking for stiffer valve springs similar to the type used on the Alpine A610

Thanks!
    https://dbilas-shop.com/en/engine-va...-a-310?c=11746
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

I'm getting rid of KJet in favor of a Porsche Style ITB setup. I will be running a more aggressive cam. However I'm not aware of rollers for PRV valvetrains.

Once my build has a bit more progress, I'll be making a thread about it here. It's something that's never been done to a PRV in a DeLorean before.

Thanks!

My VIN:    02855

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by RamblinDMC View Post

Thanks!
    i have some PRV heads from a turbo motor that are double springs with custom isky cams. I have no idea what they are tho. id sell the whole setup

I'll send you a PM!