FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Low mileage PRV & 5 speed manual value?

My VIN:    5269

Low mileage PRV & 5 speed manual value?

I’ve decided to do a Motor swap in my car. I am going to have an original full clean motor (including stock exhaust) and matching 5 speed manual trans with only 21k miles out of an Oct of 81’ car.

Only thing is I’m not sure what it’s worth. Ive gotten some info from delorean go that I could snag around 3-4K for the engine and maybe 1-2k for the trans. Does this sound right?

Motor has had the following maintenance performed in the last 4 years with records to go with all upgrades.

ENGINE:
    Water pump, alternator, starter, cold start & fuel injector cleaning. Fuel distributor & warm up regulator replacement. Vacuum line kit, fuel regulator shimmed, Rear Main Engine Seal. Major tune up kit installed (plugs, wires, ignition distributor, valve cover gaskets). Intake manifold was removed, valley cleaned, Y-pipe in valley was removed, cleaned w/New Gaskets. valley coolant tube run replaced, and intake / throttle gaskets replaced on reinstall. Recently purchased NOS lambda probe. Everything with new hardware on replacement.

McKeen microcontrolled idle Ecu and Solid State RPM Relay would be included

TRANS:
    clutch & axle seals have been replaced.

Extras: I’d included a dwell meter and an exhaust gas analyzer as well for tuning the air fuel ratio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don’t even know where to post it for sale.. here??

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Using your numbers you say Delorean Go thinks you can get $4-$6K for the motor and transmission. I think that is overly optimistic. Used transmissions go for around $500. With all of the swaps being done I would say anything over $2K for the motor is great. Nothing wrong with asking a high price but be willing to negotiate. A big thing is shipping. If you can sell it locally then it isn't an issue. Otherwise you have to be willing to crate it up.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    5269

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Using your numbers you say Delorean Go thinks you can get $4-$6K for the motor and transmission. I think that is overly optimistic. Used transmissions go for around $500. With all of the swaps being done I would say anything over $2K for the motor is great. Nothing wrong with asking a high price but be willing to negotiate. A big thing is shipping. If you can sell it locally then it isn't an issue. Otherwise you have to be willing to crate it up.
    I honestly didn’t know where to start, I’m not trying to get more than it’s worth at all. Thanks for the info!

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Why don't you just reply to Team#1537's post looking for one, negotiate a price and get back to us on what the market therefore is????
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.