FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Average length of ownership

My VIN:    17106

Club(s):   (DOA) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

24 years this year..... 2nd owner ... wonder if I can be buried in her ...

My VIN:    1710

I was an owner for 5 years. Bought my first DeLorean at age 19 when I was a sophomore in college... and ended up getting out of the hobby a couple of years after graduating when I was a struggling young professional. This October will be 15 years since I sold my DeLorean... I never intended to go this long without buying another, but life keeps getting in the way, and the cars keep getting more expensive. Hopefully this year I'll buy another, since I finally bought a house last year and it has a garage that's calling out for a DeLorean.

Having been in the DeLorean community over 2 decades now, there are definitely trends when it comes to ownership. So many folks buy a car, and get burned out when issues start arising. Those folks usually only keep their cars 2-5 years. If you can make it past the initial hump and flush out all the gremlins (and life is good to you), odds are you'll keep the car for a long time!
    Louie Golden

My VIN:    05255

I bought mine in January 2002 with 6,500 miles on the clock. I'm now on 83,000 miles (the last 5000 were on the LS3 which has 4000 miles). The PRV went to save another DeLorean as did the transmission.

Bought mine January 2018 so just over 2 years of ownership. Hope to never need or want to sell it!

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I've had the one I consider "mine" since early 1997 so going on 23 years.

Of course I've bought and sold a few others. By my count, at least 26 of them.

A hobby gone seriously out of control, turning into a second career.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    1561

I bought mine from it's original owner in 2005. So 24 years for him and 15 years for me. No plans to sell it. In fact, my 4 year old has already claimed it so I guess that's that
    Todd, VIN 1561

http://1561project.com

My VIN:    05141

I owned mine for 12 years. I loved it from day one until the last day Some minor issues but nothing major.
    I loved it, maintained it very well. Got to know great people, went to DCS in the United states twice, went to Eurofest in Ireland twice.. but I sold it last year. It is still very painful to me it is like I sold my friend.

Reason?

Those damn environmentalists. This country hates polluting cars and the city where I live will turn into a low emission zone. As many other cities. 350€ Per year per city will solve that, and obviously will not harm the environment then???

So mad about that. I regret already I did that. I miss my SS friend and often think about it.
    When an environmentally friendly and approved engine comes out, I will look for another one.

But I can say I am mighty proud I owned one.

Jan

Steering with power

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5