FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hagerty 1-21-2020 = DeLorean confirms plans to produce “new” DMC-12s

Hagerty 1-21-2020 = DeLorean confirms plans to produce “new” DMC-12s

My VIN:    3937

Espy? They could have at least got the spelling of his name right.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Donald Trump, killing all the nanny state regulations of past administration's. California's emission laws are next on the chopping block.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

It's time for DMC to either put up or STFU. I'm sick of hearing this same crap over and over every 6 months. There is nothing wrong with a little hype, but the franchises have been hyping this for well over a decade. I'm sure the publicity is nice but at the end of the day there is a price for all that free advertising....you actually have to make the freaking product!

I would like to not hear one more word out of their mouths until the first car is built. They have exhausted both their supply of promotional baiting and teasing and my supply of good faith.

My VIN:    Between VINs

*gas station bro* Dude, is this one of those new ones?
    "No, they're not making new ones yet."
    *gas station bro* You're wrong, I saw it on buzzfeed!
    "Yeah, you're right, it's a new one."

My VIN:    15297

When I see it I will believe it.

It's good to see some things never change. A new DeLorean! Figure about 2025. By the time the federal government does something. Then DMC Houston makes the "New DMC". It will be a while.
    So let's all be happy with what DMC we own and can enjoy.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    It's time for DMC to either put up or STFU. I'm sick of hearing this same crap over and over every 6 months. There is nothing wrong with a little hype, but the franchises have been hyping this for well over a decade. I'm sure the publicity is nice but at the end of the day there is a price for all that free advertising....you actually have to make the freaking product!

I would like to not hear one more word out of their mouths until the first car is built. They have exhausted both their supply of promotional baiting and teasing and my supply of good faith.
    x2.

I also found the quote "the cars could get a 350-horsepower engine" particularly laughable.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by L3V3L1 View Post
    Donald Trump, killing all the nanny state regulations of past administration's. California's emission laws are next on the chopping block.
    Because nobody needs to breathe clean air, correct? Having grown up in 80’s Ireland with uncatalyzed leaded petrol engines everywhere, with about a third of my classmates suffering from asthma, I’m somewhat glad to live in a state where clean air is valued higher than the relatively small expense of compliance.

Best,
    KL
    1981 DMC 12- Black
    VIN 46**
    Alameda CA

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by gluaisrothaii View Post
    Because nobody needs to breathe clean air, correct? Having grown up in 80’s Ireland with uncatalyzed leaded petrol engines everywhere, with about a third of my classmates suffering from asthma, I’m somewhat glad to live in a state where clean air is valued higher than the relatively small expense of compliance.

Best,
    KL
    The air is always cleaner up in the ivory tower. Everyone listen up, the guy with the kjet DeLorean and private plane is going to lecture us on our carbon footprint.
    Last edited by Michael; 01-22-2020 at 01:02 PM.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post

New binnacles are right around the corner too! Lol
    At least, that was the story for the first few years of my ownership. 10 years ago...

At least they’ve stopped with that. They just change publicity things every so often. I tell people DMCH is a great publicity company, that also happens to sell Delorean parts.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast