FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Hagerty 1-21-2020 = DeLorean confirms plans to produce “new” DMC-12s

My VIN:    Former Owner

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    It's not wishful thinking, it's intentional misdirection. The new law is quite clear that any new car they produce must look like the original design yet they insist on teasing some pic of what looks like a Supra with a pair of doors photoshopped on top. Would you have what few people interested believe you are going to design and build a new car? If/when you do actually nut up and make a "new build" with a modern powerplant, how to you think those interested people will fell about ponying up 6 figures when it looks just like a regular DeLorean and not the car you teased?

Why do this?? You seriously have gone off the deep end. This bullshit alone is enough to make me want to blacklist the old guard vendors and deal strictly with Delorean Industrues and DeLoreango...at least they don't insult our intelligence every 6 months.

In the end, if this ever does come to fruition, the "new build" will be a glorified engine swap and maybe a revamped instrument cluster and a pair of Recaros.
    I'm assuming your use of "you" is directed at DMCH, but dang dude can you chill? Instead of getting riled up, just take your business elsewhere and don't follow them anymore. I think it's humorous at best and misleading at worst that they continue to tease these things and never follow through, but your response is even funnier... or i guess sadder depending on how you view it.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I'm assuming your use of "you" is directed at DMCH, but dang dude can you chill? Instead of getting riled up, just take your business elsewhere and don't follow them anymore. I think it's humorous at best and misleading at worst that they continue to tease these things and never follow through, but your response is even funnier... or i guess sadder depending on how you view it.
    LOL...nobody here has ever seen me "riled up". Just because I voice an opinion that isn't glowing, you assume I am pounding the keys and cursing. It's my opinion of them and their tactics that we all pay for at every gas stop with the never ending supply of uninformed know it alls.

Just saw this: https://www.newdelorean.com/nhtsa-re...cturing-rules/

Sounds like the new NHTSA rules finally went through. But production is still a ways off until they can get some new suppliers lined up.

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

Very interesting comment from everyone.
    The one comment that ultimately go to the roots of everything is the one made by SamHill:« The greenest car is one that already exists. »

And I feel it is true for every-things.

I try go about buying the best quality I can, and keep the object for the longest time. I know that thought challenges the economy but ultimately it is one of the best way to go, I think.

In that sense, almost all Delorean are therefore quite ethical vehicle, 40 years later and still on the roads.

My VIN:    10644

Quote Originally Posted by MetalGearSS View Post
    THIS is what DMC should be trumpeting today, not a teaser for a different product. BTW, the silhouette teaser is probably this: https://www.italdesign.it/project/davinci/
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

My VIN:    6125

Sounds like the new NHTSA rules finally went through. But production is still a ways off until they can get some new suppliers lined up.

Looks like this is already getting chewed up and spit out to the masses on other websites. Here we go again with "I hear they are making electric DeLoreans now" comments.

https://electrek.co/2021/01/21/delor...-electric-car/

My VIN:    07164

Club(s):   (DCH)

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Very interesting comment from everyone.
    The one comment that ultimately go to the roots of everything is the one made by SamHill:« The greenest car is one that already exists. »

And I feel it is true for every-things.

I try go about buying the best quality I can, and keep the object for the longest time. I know that thought challenges the economy but ultimately it is one of the best way to go, I think.

In that sense, almost all Delorean are therefore quite ethical vehicle, 40 years later and still on the roads.
    I dont buy that fully..... Many modern cars have green ethical 40k miles 0 carbon blah blah blah.. Sure if you never turned the key on the DeLorean that's a valid statement but every mile you do will pump out more than any modern vehicle.

I think the miles we put on these vehicles is so low you are pretty much right.

I like Jay Leno who said he loves electric vehicles, as they allow us to use they day to day and then have a classic for the weekend/fun etc.

My VIN:    5999

Definitely some managing of expectations going on in this press release. I don't see any pie-in-the-sky promises being made, maybe even some sand-bagging.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyV
    DMCH would never lie or mislead their loyal customers. I got my new build last night and it is just as pictured. It's very sleek and the build quality is top notch. The staff were wonderful to work with and it was a pleasure to do business with them.
    My apologies to DMCH. They are legit and have the track record to prove it.

Seriously they are turning the marque into a laughing stock with their antics.
    Last edited by Michael; 01-23-2021 at 09:37 PM.

Not sure what appeal will be other than exclusivity among an already exclusive car. For those willing to spend the 150K price I've heard DMCH state in an interview, why not buy a 50K priced minty original and then mod it for a ton less to make it more "modern"? Hell, spend the other 100K on a Time Machine, and now you have the best of both worlds. IMO all DMCH will do is take the formula for the "new build" from a decade ago with NOS frames/bodies and swap a modern power plant, modern interior, and maybe a new wheel design in. It will look virtually the same as every other DeLorean from the outside as the new law states it must.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast