FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: How many 1982 Automatics with grey interior

My VIN:    10XXX

Club(s):   (DCF)

How many 1982 Automatics with grey interior

Does anyone know how many 1982 Automatic transmission grey interior cars were produced?

If there is a database to validate the number, I would appreciate being directed to that.

Thanks,
    Steve Liggett
    Treasure Island, FL
    1982 automatic, VIN 10XXX, grey int

Previous: VIN 5983, VIN 3670
    Who knows where my previous 1981 with 6 cylinder Chevy engine is these days (cannot find that VIN) ?

My VIN:    6472

https://www.dmcnews.com/faq/n_chron.htm

Click on "DMC Options Mix". It doesn't show actual numbers but percentage breakdowns. According to this, 16.5% of 82s were grey/auto.

My VIN:    10XXX

Club(s):   (DCF)

That looks like about 206 cars were grey/automatics, and, the most rare of the various combinations.

Thank you.
    Steve Liggett
    Treasure Island, FL
    1982 automatic, VIN 10XXX, grey int

Previous: VIN 5983, VIN 3670
    Who knows where my previous 1981 with 6 cylinder Chevy engine is these days (cannot find that VIN) ?

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by SBL View Post
    That looks like about 206 cars were grey/automatics, and, the most rare of the various combinations.Thank you.
    Depends on how you look at it. There were probably less than 100 1982 & 1983 black interior automatics. Some folks refer to the 1982 & 1983 black interior cars as "two tone" since they have a much lighter colored carpet and headliners than the 1981 black interior cars (black interior 1982 & 1983 DeLoreans were fitted with the same lighter colored carpet and headliners as the grey interior cars).

There are quite a few ways to break down what is the rarest DeLorean combination, though. For instance, there were only 200 or so grey interior cars fitted with a gas flap hood. Of those, about 80 were automatics. Getting into the even more obscure, there were the 2 gold-plated American Express DeLoreans… and the third gold-plated car Consolidated assembled and raffled off; 2 of those cars have the only factory saddle colored interiors I'm aware of. There was also at least 1 car which left the factory with a burgundy colored interior; another had a light blue interior (these two interior colors were to be added for the 1983 or 1984 model years). Then of course there are the right hand drive cars the factory contracted Wooler-Hodec to construct; I believe only 12 were built. Then of course there are the 4 cars which the factory sent to Legend Industries to turbocharge; 2 were twin-turbos, 2 were single-turbos. There are also the pilot-production cars... less than 30 were built, and maybe a half dozen are left (this isn't even counting the Visioneering car or Proto 1). Some of the very earliest production DeLoreans also had steering wheels that weren't leather covered... but binnacles that were. Point being, there are about a million ways to quantify what the "rarest" DeLorean combination is.
    Louie Golden

Quote Originally Posted by SBL View Post
    Does anyone know how many 1982 Automatic transmission grey interior cars were produced?

If there is a database to validate the number, I would appreciate being directed to that.
    There is such a database. The Texas Club database reports there are 164 1982 DeLoreans with gray interiors and automatic transmissions.

However, it also reports there are 196 1982 DeLoreans with gray interiors, but the transmission is unknown, so you could assume a very small percentage of those are probably automatics.

Thomas

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here