FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: EFI conversion - VIN1049

My VIN:    SCEDT26T2CD011199

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

[QUOTE=opethmike;3548]Hey Greg (This is Greg, right?),

I am running the MS2 V3.57 board. Right now, my issue is figuring out why the car stalls immediately after firing. The higher I jack up the fuel injected, the longer it will run. Even so, it takes ASTRONOMICAL req_fuel values for it to run for more than a second. Even then, it will only run for 5 - 10 seconds. I can't think of anything other than a gnarly vacuum leak.[/QUOT

If it only runs for.5 seconds and then stalls I would say it might be the after start enrichments. If it runs a little longer than I would say its the warmup wizard... Too much fuel and it will do that. Too little fuel and it will.do that. I can give u my settings for the after start and the warmup.. Let me know what u want me to.do:-)
    3.0 Turbo conversion. Meth injection, Megasquirt, 13 lbs of boost... Zoom Zoom!

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll get back to you after the driving season is over. The EFI system has been taken out and I'm currently re-installing K-Jet so I can actually drive for the short driving season I have. MS will be tried again over the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    Well, I added a second ground to the MS ECU. At least no interrupts experienced again. That said, I still can't get the car to run at all unless I jack the fuel WAY WAY WAY up, either via the VE table, or the REQ_FUEL, etc.

Even that, it runs like ass and eventually dies. To confirm the no vacuum leaks result of my recent smoke test, I got the car running crappy with high fuel and used the old carb cleaner test. Still no leaks found. I am profoundly stumped at this point.

As one would expect, after it has run for a little bit of time via the jacked up fuel, the O2 sensor shows WAY rich.
    Stop touching the req-fuel,and the tables... its probably not the problem... give me a call... 631-872-1185. And we will talk alittle. I will help as much as I can. :-)

Not a DeLorean Guru

Again, I really appreciate your offer to help, but the EFI system is already off the car. It has been down for six weeks, which is too much for my tastes. I will be trying the conversion again over the winter, and I will certainly make use of your offer to help.

Not a DeLorean Guru

I also still need to remove the rear driver's side spring & shock to install a new captive nut for a body bolt. So at least I'll be driving again by this weekend hopefully.

I hope I'm not disappointing/letting down people by my choice to revert. The EFI system WILL be successfully installed, just not now. Over the winter when the car isn't driven anyway.

My VIN:    ******* 01860 - Legend TT 06068 - VQ35 SC

Club(s):   (DMA)

I'm pretty convinced at this point (thanks Marc!) that is running uber-lean because of a vacuum leak.

Suggestions on tracking leaks down would be appreciated.

I probably could have been more helpful if I was reading this thread!

I suspect that either my ground wire isn't crimped & soldered well enough, or not bolted down enough (really doubt it), or its somehow a bad location. At one point yesterday, the car ran for a bit, but during that time, I heard the relays on the relay board clicking, which means it was resetting. Not good!
    Don't rely on anything other than REAL WIRES for electrical ground. The grounds on the DMC are awful to begin with, they make it impossible for any "electronic" anything to work properly. On the VQ conversion, I have ground wires added all over the place.

After this weekend, yes. The conversion will be tried again over the winter.

Not a DeLorean Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Malevy View Post
    I probably could have been more helpful if I was reading this thread!

Don't rely on anything other than REAL WIRES for electrical ground. The grounds on the DMC are awful to begin with, they make it impossible for any "electronic" anything to work properly. On the VQ conversion, I have ground wires added all over the place.

Don't cry, my favorite person named Marc. EFI (and more!!!) will definitely happen over the winter!

Not a DeLorean Guru

K-Jet is now back on the car, and it runs beautifully. Felt DAMNED good to drive it again. I have made arrangements to have my EFI installed professionally over the winter, along with other go fast goodies.

K-Jet is now back on the car, and it runs beautifully. Felt DAMNED good to drive it again. I have made arrangements to have my EFI installed professionally over the winter, along with other go fast goodies.
    well, Good luck with your project
    You will be so happy after you do the EFI.

Not a DeLorean Guru

Thanks man.

Yes, yes I will be. While it is getting EFI how I want it (with my manifold, rails, etc), it will also be getting exhaust (trading my K-Jet parts) and aggressive cams. Car will come back much more 'alive'!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16