FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: My dream car, VIN 03676!!!

This car is coming along very nicely. Congrats again on the purchase!

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

My dream car, VIN 03676!!!

Taking advantage of some home time, I see . I have a deep dive project to tackle on mine too. I may start that one next week as the temps are supposed to be in the 60’s.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 03-31-2020 at 06:30 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Taking advantage of some home time, I see . I have a deep dive project to tackle on mine too. I may start that one next week as the temps are supposed to be in the 60’s.
    Yep, I think I might have it back up and running this weekend! The carb will be fully rebuilt tonight, and the intake/adapter will be drilled tomorrow. I still have to take a carbide bit and go to town on the carb ports on the manifold and smooth out the transition.

What's the "deep dive" project on yours? I can't wait to have our cars together this summer! At least, I'm hoping you can make the trip with yours at least once.

I heard Cirrus furloughed a lot of people...you on the list? We have about 55 people employed at SCS Interiors and Mike furloughed about 45 people today until Cirrus ramps up again. I was one of the "lucky" ones to stay working. I was praying I wasn't...I wanna get the car done, damnit!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

My dream car, VIN 03676!!!

Wow, I didn’t realize there were that many people working at SCS. I always thought about 20-25. Yeah, I’m on “unplanned vacation” for April.

Deep dive, Rear main seal housing leak and driver side transmission seal leak. So I’ll be pulling the transmission for the 4th and hopefully last time in 26 years.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 03-31-2020 at 08:53 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

A few things have happened since the last update. Ordered some good used headliner boards from Mike @DMC Midwest, and ordered some headliner material at work that I matched up to the color I want to redo the interior in.

Also this weekend I got the car running again with the rebuilt carburetor and revised manifold-to-carb adapter I made. It wants to idle a bit high (1300rpm) so I'll have to look into that after I put the cooling system back together. I started the cooling system restoration, only to come to an abrupt halt. 4 of the aluminum coolant pipes need to be replaced (bad corrosion where the rubber hose mounts to) and the water pump is super rusty. I just ordered a new Volvo water pump and getting a bolt-on pulley from DeLoreanGo. I'm going to wait to order from DeLoreanGo though until I've exhausted my trying to find good used coolant pipes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Brodizzle83; 04-13-2020 at 01:21 AM.

After looking at that last image, now imagine what the inside of the block and heads look like. When you do eventually start putting things back together, you should consider adding a de-rusting flushing agent and do multiple coolant exchanges over a period of months.

Btw, be cautious of the 3 M8 bolts holding the water pump. Mine all snapped off. Might be prudent to have a torch available to heat and let cool the bolt heads. Or if you have access, the lugs themselves. Having the intake off will let see what is going on.

Good Luck
    DENNIS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4