FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My dream car, VIN 03676!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Here is the link for VIN 3676.

Based on the info you provided, Chad probably swapped the trans. out for a manual. No problem, we can easily update the database.

Thanks.
    Thomas

Actually, no. The VIN was always a 5-speed. I just watched an episode of "Lost in Transmission" that featured the original car, and it was a black interior, 5-speed manual.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Got around to installing the front SPAX shocks and Hervey lowering springs. I have some poly front seat bar bushings coming from DeLoreanGo as well, but I have to pull the bar anyway to do the radiator replacement, so good timing on that. I think once I start driving it, the springs will lower a bit more. It doesn't look like much, bit it's quite a bit lower.

I also removed the intake manifold due to seeing coolant puddles in the VOD. Upon inspection of the carb setup, it was pretty much hacked together. Does it work? Yes. Could it be better? Absolutely! I'm bringing the entire setup to a friend of mine today and see if he can't come up with a custom adapter for the carb.

After this mess is figured out, the cooling system is next. I have an all-new rubber hose and clamp kit from DeLoreanGo and an aluminum radiator. Gotta do a pressure test to make sure the water pump is still in good shape and doesn't leak.

I was planning on getting an adapter and a good working carb combo from Bill to replace the homemade piece that the previous owner put together (pictured above), but with all of this COVID-19 business, I don't think it's wise to drop money on the car at this point in time. The setup works, but again, Bill's setup would be more efficient. I think I'm going to talk to some local fabricator friends and see if they can find a way to make this setup work better.

In the meantime, I'm just looking over the car and came back to the inside of the pass side roof panel where the door hinges. It's got a bit of scaly rust, but it's still solid metal. I took a stainless wire brush and cleaned up what I could, then took a flathead and scraped off some more of the heavier scaling. Looks much better, but I think I'm going to have to remove the riveted weatherstrip piece to see what it looks like under there, which looks like there's more scaly rust. Not sure how to treat this all, but I have a brand new quart can of KBS RustSeal, so I'll probably end up wrapping the torsion bar with tinfoil to mask it off, then carefully paint the inside of that area with the RustSeal.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

That's definitely not a Bill adapter. His would look like this:

Peugeot Manifold.jpg
    (Photo from someone else's conversion, I forget whose.)
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    That's definitely not a Bill adapter. His would look like this:

Peugeot Manifold.jpg
    (Photo from someone else's conversion, I forget whose.)
    Correct, the one you pictured is Bill's. The one I'm dealing with is Chad's homemade setup.

I'm currently waiting on a package from DMC Midwest and DeLoreanGo. After these arrive, I'm done spending money on this car until this COVID-19 bullshit blows over.

Looked in my car detailing product arsenal and found this ZEP degreaser that is made for aluminum, and WOW did it work amazingly on my Peugeot intake! Used some various steel brushes, toothbrush, nylon drill brushes and Q-tips, and all of the dirt, grime and grease is gone! I kind of want to find someone who does aluminum oxide/glass bead blasting and have them do my intake manifold and the valve covers to see if the bead blasting actually does a slight "polish" to them.
    Also, I hate the small round air cleaner. To me, it makes the engine look like a small block Chevy or something. I picked up a 14" triangle air cleaner and plan on scuffing/painting it with a matte black and epoxying an extra grille emblem I had onto the lid. Will give the car a bit more of a custom look.

Disassembled the carb so I can clean it (it needs it badly) and put some new parts in it. Gotta pick up a brass float and clean it, and it'll be ready to reassemble!

Cleaned up the carb and looks new again!

Dyed the top of the console to cover up the sun-faded vinyl, as well as assembled the shift plate. Car is coming together nicely!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast