FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Drivetrain Refurb questions

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    So, the tranny is back in! I still need to install the drive axles/starter/clutch master/ braided clutch line. That may be a little while from now since I majority pinched a nerve in my lower back while putting that bugger back in. I really hope it works as I don’t think I have it in me to un-install/re-install it again by myself. But...its done!!
    Looks great!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    5625

Well, My back is finally on the mend. I was able to finish up re-installing the drive axles, filling the transmission with gear oil (75W 90 due to the colder climate), install the clutch primary cylinder, install the stainless line from primary to slave, and bleed. I got the car down from the stilts and started her up. I put it in reverse and it went backwards! I put it in 1st.... it went forward! I was beside myself grinning ear to ear!!. I backed it out of the garage, checked for leaks and took her for a drive. Holy cow!! The transmission shifted sooooo friggin smooth! It went into 2nd easily!!!!! I slowly went around the neighborhood. After it passed that test, I took her out on the main roads, then on to the highway. She did absolutely perfect!!! I’m back to living the dream!!! Just in time for summer.

A big thank you for everyone who helped me through this. I learned a ton and feel very accomplished!!
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Very nice work. Work up to longer and longer trips till you get confidence it is all good. After a few hundred miles get back underneath and look for anything loose, missing etc. Keep note of any other problems and tackle them one-by-one till you have the car the way you want.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Great Job! That looks like a better than new install.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13