FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DeLorean news story from Michigan, 1982

DeLorean owner since 2011 Stainless's Avatar

My VIN:    2087

DeLorean news story from Michigan, 1982

https://wbckfm.com/delorean-michigan/

Throwback news story of a TV host test driving a DeLorean.
    Jared L.

June '81, manual, black inter. VIN 2087
    Other cars: 2012 Toyota Sienna, 2007 Mazda 6, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
    DeLorean blog: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/

Thanks for posting. Enjoyed the Back to the Past moment

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

Very fun, thanks for posting.
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Check out that idle hunt!

My VIN:    05457

That is great. "You control air conditioning, power steering..." Someone has to point out he must be driving the rare factory installed power steering enabled car.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

According to the article the DMC they tested also had the extremely coveted and unusual stainless steel frame.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

My VIN:    10644

Wow, thanks for the video! Capital Cadillac is where I saw my first DeLorean sometime around 1988. I had heard from a kid at school that there was a DeLorean there and I got my mom to drive me over. They told us that it was in the back. We were walking through the Cadillacs and I distinctly remember wondering if I’d recognize it. I knew that it looked cool in Back to the Future, but I knew that movies could make things look cooler than they really are. Maybe it would just look “regular”. As we continued to walk, there was a car missing from the row to my left and through that space I could see in the next row of cars, a DeLorean sitting at a perfect 3/4 view with the passenger fender closest to me.

When we got home, my mom sent a letter to thank them for letting us see the car, when we clearly had no means to buy it. She asked them to call us if they ever had to move it around the lot because she was sure that I’d love to see it in motion. They called about a week later and asked her to bring me back for a ride! It was the best day of my life! About 12 years later, I pulled into my parents’ driveway in my very own DeLorean.

C57B956D-9C4E-41AE-896F-F48BA0CAA05E.jpg
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    Wow, thanks for the video! Capital Cadillac is where I saw my first DeLorean sometime around 1988. I had heard from a kid at school that there was a DeLorean there and I got my mom to drive me over. They told us that it was in the back. We were walking through the Cadillacs and I distinctly remember wondering if I’d recognize it. I knew that it looked cool in Back to the Future, but I knew that movies could make things look cooler than they really are. Maybe it would just look “regular”. As we continued to walk, there was a car missing from the row to my left and through that space I could see in the next row of cars, a DeLorean sitting at a perfect 3/4 view with the passenger fender closest to me.

When we got home, my mom sent a letter to thank them for letting us see the car, when we clearly had no means to buy it. She asked them to call us if they ever had to move it around the lot because she was sure that I’d love to see it in motion. They called about a week later and asked her to bring me back for a ride! It was the best day of my life! About 12 years later, I pulled into my parents’ driveway in my very own DeLorean.

C57B956D-9C4E-41AE-896F-F48BA0CAA05E.jpg
    Nice. Also, I miss Ponderosa. And the Rustler. I don't miss the Wooden Nickle.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Cool video, thanks for sharing

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

That's great. Too bad on the timing of that road test in the dead of Michigan winter.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry