FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Keep blowing fuse #12

Keep blowing fuse #12

First of all, I just bought this car and had it at my house for 2 days. I noticed the boot, door or engine compartment lights did not illuminate when opened. I bought some LED lights to replace the bulbs in the doors, so I removed the housings from the doors, popped off the lenses and removed all of the bulbs. Some wires were unhooked from the light switch on the door jamb so I plugged them back in (not sure which wires went where). I also noticed that the 10A fuse from #12 was missing. I replaced another 10A fuse from another spot just to see if it worked, and it popped right away. Then I switched the wires around on the switch and tried it again...and again, popped.
    I was told that sometimes the interior delay unit will fail, so I removed it and tried again...another fuse popped. I'm horrible at electrical, and I'm not sure what to do next. Any suggestions?

Btw, can anyone confirm that the wires are on the correct terminals? The first picture is the driver side, and the second picture is the pass side.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

My VIN:    03500

Looks good to me. Each set of wires should be on its own switches. That's all that matters. Try disconnecting the dome lights and see what happens you will pull them out to disconnect them. They could be hooked up wrong or faulty. Can't remember the correct placement of those wires at the moment but it is on here.
    The dome lights are part of that circuit.

Dave B.
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 02-09-2020 at 11:02 PM.

Nevermind, the trunk light was plugged into the wrong socket. Everything is working fine now.

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by Brodizzle83 View Post
    Nevermind, the trunk light was plugged into the wrong socket. Everything is working fine now.

Wow interesting. Good for you!

Dave. B.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Common for the light in the engine compartment to short out if left on. The bulb softens the plastic and the contacts will short together. Most owners disconnect one of the wires to the switch. Not sure what you mean when you say the trunk light was plugged into the wrong socket? Most owners will also leave one of the wires to one of the door switches off so you don't hear the buzzer all the time.
    David Teitelbaum