FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: (HELP) Parking Brake Adjustment Screw Bolt loose

My VIN:    Latest VIN 83

Club(s):   (DCF) (NCDMC) (DCUK)

(HELP) Parking Brake Adjustment Screw Bolt loose

I changed the parking brake pads and in doing so I took the adjustment screw completely out.
    I just didn’t know when the adjustment screw comes out the nut comes loose inside and I don’t see any way to put it back?
    Any Suggestions it’s both sides.
    Much appreciated
    The part isn’t avail and it’s wicked expensive I can see the nut in there but how do I take it apart?
    On
    Part #109013 and #109014

My VIN:    10270

It's available Check the assembly diagram on this page, too. You have to remove the rear cover to reattach the adjuster nut.

https://xks.com/i-7084341-jaguar-han...-nut-8980.html
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    3455

Quote Originally Posted by FLYBOY View Post
    I changed the parking brake pads and in doing so I took the adjustment screw completely out.
    I just didn’t know when the adjustment screw comes out the nut comes loose inside and I don’t see any way to put it back?
    Any Suggestions it’s both sides.
    Much appreciated
    The part isn’t avail and it’s wicked expensive I can see the nut in there but how do I take it apart?
    On
    Part #109013 and #109014
    I just rebuilt my parking brake last week and this happened when I was putting it back together. If I hadn't just had it apart, I would've thought the nut was loose too, but it's likely just swiveled out of position to catch with the adjustment screw. If you hold the whole assembly with the hole facing downward and insert the screw straight up into the hole, the 'nut' may swing into position so you can get the screw started. Or put a screwdriver in the hole to catch the nut and turn it to align with the hole.

There's a really good guide with pictures that might help you picture what's going on. Worst case scenario, you could use this guide to rebuild it, only takes about an hour or two. I doubt you'd need to replace any parts. If it gets that desperate you can ship it to me and I'd be happy to help.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?19...-Brake-Caliper

My VIN:    02855

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

you should not need to replace anything. you need to get the adjuster tube/nut thing inside the level on the inner arm back in alignment with the hole. its loose inside there, but held by a small spring clip. if its popped off this clip, you probably need to remove the arm on the inner side and open the cover to hold the adjuster and then thread the screw back in.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

That little assembly is supposed to be a self adjuster. Don't waste time trying to make it self adjust, it won't. As the other posters have said, if you can move the nut around inside it you should be able to get the screw threaded into the nut again.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    Latest VIN 83

Club(s):   (DCF) (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Yes that guide helped tremendously but I did have to take it completely apart not too big a deal.
    No way would it been able to tread it back on as it’s held under tension.
    However my cable (both) at the handbrake keep popping off and let’s just say that ain’t exactly the easiest thing to get back on....ugh always something
    Is there a way to keep it from falling off the swing bracket under the handbrake?
    it’s all tighten up or so I thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

brake

Put a small wire tie to keep the ends
    from popping off....