FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Holley Sniper 2300 EFI kit?

Holley Sniper 2300 EFI kit?

Just wondering if those of us who have had the Peugeot 604 2bbl intake would be able to run a Holley Sniper 2300 EFI self-tuning kit? Not sure how much cfm is too much, but these put out 580cfm. Here's the link to the website for more info.
    https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...parts/550-849K

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Can it handle an odd fire ignition signal?

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    Can it handle an odd fire ignition signal?
    This is a fuel only implementation, so you would leave the distributor, coil, and ignition module in place to handle the spark. Exactly the same as a carb conversion.
    You will need to tie the Sniper into the coil negative so it knows when the engine is spinning, but that is it. A throttle body fuel injection setup like this is essentially a computer controlled carburetor.

It would work, however by the time you get the manifold and this kit from Holley you are spending a lot of money on throttle body injection. For less money you could have a multiport setup with Megasquirt.
    I understand Megasquirt does not advertise as "self tuning" but self tuning is not as great as you may think it is.

Additionally, the size of this TBI is very large for a 2.8L engine. It may pose problems that are simply not possible to tune out (ie drive-ability issues). This is intended for a V8 after all.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

I emailed Holley about it and this was their response:

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

My VIN:    2706

https://youtu.be/FQHJO741SCk

I second megasquirt . I haven't even tuned mine really yet. I started it on a base tune I got from a friend but it already idles so smooth compared to any kjet car I have ever heard. It's not a simple bolt on but nothing has really been to terrible difficult it's just time consuming. Once I tidy everything up I am gonna try to write up a precedure for everything I did. But you can check my EFI thread. There's actually more dudes who have done it then you would think.

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Nice, glad that gave a good reply, I wonder what the unit thinks is happening when it sees a odd fire signal.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

We played with the signal input on this by running a PRV and sampling the RPM signal. I had purchased a sniper kit for my stepfather's trans am and wanted to see what would happen. It throws a continuous rpm sync error and will not initiate an injection sequence. Not to mention the above comments on the cfm rating for this unit. Way too big for a PRV and it will never idle as your inj rate would be out of the operating range to achieve an idle condition. The flow rate is too high for such a small CID.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    We played with the signal input on this by running a PRV and sampling the RPM signal. I had purchased a sniper kit for my stepfather's trans am and wanted to see what would happen. It throws a continuous rpm sync error and will not initiate an injection sequence. Not to mention the above comments on the cfm rating for this unit. Way too big for a PRV and it will never idle as your inj rate would be out of the operating range to achieve an idle condition. The flow rate is too high for such a small CID.
    Do any of the holley units support oddfire? From their documentation I have found no, but it is not definitive. As i understand your EFI setup uses a Holley Terminator ecu.

EDIT: brainfart: this is where the crank trigger wheel comes into play for the dpi setup.
    Last edited by Josh; 02-20-2020 at 12:57 PM.

[email protected]
    lsdelorean.com

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Correct we have crank and cam sensors. Holley does not support odd fire directly. We update HP units to accommodate this as the ecu has the hardware capability but not the code. Early on we suggested this change directly to them in 2012. No interest on their part for such a small marketplace. Only Grand nationals and a few others even need odd fire provisions and the general feeling is that the market is too small to assert effort.

edit- we do use dominator ecus due to the number of inputs/outputs you can control. This also integrates directly into our power distribution modules and new vehicle harnesses for our build cars. Which we will openly say should have been developed years ago to save us the headache of factory harnesses.
    Last edited by Delorean Industries; 02-20-2020 at 01:54 PM.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Correct we have crank and cam sensors. Holley does not support odd fire directly. We update HP units to accommodate this as the ecu has the hardware capability but not the code. Early on we suggested this change directly to them in 2012. No interest on their part for such a small marketplace. Only Grand nationals and a few others even need odd fire provisions and the general feeling is that the market is too small to assert effort.

edit- we do use dominator ecus due to the number of inputs/outputs you can control. This also integrates directly into our power distribution modules and new vehicle harnesses for our build cars. Which we will openly say should have been developed years ago to save us the headache of factory harnesses.
    Thanks for the info Josh.

I wonder if you could get a crank trigger working with the sniper. Still does not change the fact that it is oversized for the PRV though.

[email protected]
    lsdelorean.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast