FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clutch Bleeder

My VIN:    5625

Clutch Bleeder

Hey guys -

I'm about to replace my master cylinder, clutch line from plastic to ss, and slave cylinder. I really want to install a clutch bleeder on the slave. I have not been able to find one. Which vendor sells one?

Thanks.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    03572

I think Hervey was the only one to sell them. Wish another vendor would start selling one. I have Hervey's and it works but it looks like he brazed some parts together.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I think Hervey was the only one to sell them. Wish another vendor would start selling one. I have Hervey's and it works but it looks like he brazed some parts together.
    I concur - it looked shoddy when I got mine many years ago, and sure enough it leaked so I ripped it out.

I was disappointed as bleeding that bugger sucks, but at same time I also vividly remember Dave Swingle saying this mod adds another point of failure... he was right!
    Chris

hervey bleder

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    I concur - it looked shoddy when I got mine many years ago, and sure enough it leaked so I ripped it out.

I was disappointed as bleeding that bugger sucks, but at same time I also vividly remember Dave Swingle saying this mod adds another point of failure... he was right!
    Had my Hervey 9 years---never leaked---simple/quick to bleed

Leroy 2126

My VIN:    #4595

I believe that DeLoreanGo is actually working on offering a replacement for this part. Arran mentioned to me back in January that he was several weeks away from something on this front. Haven't seen it on the website yet though.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

I have one sitting on my shelf that i bought off hervey. I remember not using it because it is a copper pipe, not braided stainless. He sent me the part not as advertised.
    if you send me your zip I can mail it to you if you are interested

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I have one sitting on my shelf that i bought off hervey. I remember not using it because it is a copper pipe, not braided stainless. He sent me the part not as advertised.
    I got his old type with braided stainless. I wonder if copper pipe would hold the pressure. Don't know what normal pressure is but if something jammed pressing hard on the clutch I guess could produce 2,000 PSI
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

You don't want copper tubing in a car. The vibration makes it crack. It also doesn't take a double flare well. Steel tubing or hose is the way to go.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I Pm'd you. I could probably use it as a working prototype to make my own.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by bueller View Post
    I believe that DeLoreanGo is actually working on offering a replacement for this part. Arran mentioned to me back in January that he was several weeks away from something on this front. Haven't seen it on the website yet though.
    Yeah.... I've been talking with Arran about them, but his supplier seems to be dragging their feet. I was holding off doing the repair until I was able to get one, but I'm getting too close to the summer and need to get going now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast