FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3.0 EFI Swap with MS3 Pro

My VIN:    Early

3.0 EFI Swap with MS3 Pro

So, because life got in the way and my local machinist succumbed to lung cancer (RIP), I won't be able to do the VR6 swap I've been wanting to do, and instead I'll be selling the 997 tiptronic and VR6.

To stay simple, I'm going to reseal the original automatic and install a 3.0 EFI setup. I already have an MS3 Pro Evo with harness. Anybody got base values for the 3.0 tables?

Should I go with EDIS? If so, who can weld a 36-1 ring to the crank pulley?

Injectors? EV-1? 19lbs or 24lbs?

MAF or MAFless?

Any other pointers?
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    2706

Josh can probably weld up one for you . Reach out to him

https://www.facebook.com/schattenkirk

Also luke fabombjoy is a damn savant at EFI . He will probably chime in at some point.

Jesus, that was quick...

We need a like or thanks button on this forum...
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

With the 3.0 being even fire and already setup for MPFI it is very straight forward to get setup with MS.

While EDIS and batch fuelling is the easiest way to get things up and running, it is severely underutilising an MS3. All this could be done with a Microsquirt or MS2.

With the MS3 you could run full sequential fuel and spark, but in addition to a crank trigger, you would need a cam trigger. I have never seen this done but the 3.0 distributor housing could be repurposed for one.

I guess it depends on what you want. In my opinion for a otherwise stock naturally aspirated PRV EDIS and batch fueling is fine.

Please check out Joe's website he has documented the 3.0 swap very well. He is using some parts from my old setup. Anyone considering a 3.0 swap should read through this blog.

http://www.tmproductions.com/repairs-and-maintenance

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

While EDIS and batch fuelling is the easiest way to get things up and running, it is severely underutilising an MS3. All this could be done with a Microsquirt or MS2.

With the MS3 you could run full sequential fuel and spark, but in addition to a crank trigger, you would need a cam trigger. I have never seen this done but the 3.0 distributor housing could be repurposed for one.

I guess it depends on what you want. In my opinion for a otherwise stock naturally aspirated PRV EDIS and batch fueling is fine.

Please check out Joe's website he has documented the 3.0 swap very well. He is using some parts from my old setup. Anyone considering a 3.0 swap should read through this blog.

http://www.tmproductions.com/repairs-and-maintenance
    If I can get a cam sensor, I will do it. I won't know until I pick up an engine. I mean, the only reason I have the ms3 is because it was going to be used with a vr6. Worse comes to worse, I could always just utilize the MS3 for batch fueling, but with wiring set up for full sequential.

Already checked out Joe's site. Very informative!

Also, do you still offer that crank trigger wheel setup? I would need that in either case...

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    If I can get a cam sensor, I will do it. I won't know until I pick up an engine. I mean, the only reason I have the ms3 is because it was going to be used with a vr6. Worse comes to worse, I could always just utilize the MS3 for batch fueling, but with wiring set up for full sequential.

Already checked out Joe's site. Very informative!

Also, do you still offer that crank trigger wheel setup? I would need that in either case...
    Yes If you send me your crank pulley I can weld on a trigger wheel (36-1) and provide a mount for the VR sensor. This setup works for both EDIS or sequential. $150. PM me if you are interested.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

I sent a PM...

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

There are machine shops in Ft. Myers or even my fabricator at work my be able to assist. E-mail me if interested.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Thanks, but only thing I need done is the crank trigger wheel.

Looks like Josh may be a little busy?

So where is the best place to mount the VR sensor? I can always find a ring and have somewhat tack it on.

My VIN:    2706

Diyautotune.com is your friend

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast