FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Vin 3430, The White one from BaT...

My VIN:    4519

Excellent!

Would you post details on your separation? Got any pics of when you rolled the frame out?

I'm planning a separation for 4519, I'm seeing various approaches and a lot of good ideas.

My VIN:    03430

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Excellent!

Would you post details on your separation? Got any pics of when you rolled the frame out?

I'm planning a separation for 4519, I'm seeing various approaches and a lot of good ideas.
    Hey Rich,

Yeah I've been meaning to splice together the clips my wife took that day. I will make an effort to get that done.

In the meantime,

For the prep work, I used the body separation checklist that's in the How to section. it was about 90% of the stuff.
    a couple things I missed or weren't listed I had to remove during the separation. Naturally I didn't write them down to fix the list...

For the lift, I put a scissor jack under each of the four body jack points. I had a guy on each crank handle and one guy calling out the cadence of the turns so we stayed close to sync'd.

What I used,

4 scissor jacks, which were about $20 each on amazon
    Solid Cinder blocks. the measure 4x8x16 I think. and I think I bought 32 of them... 8 for each spot. got them at my local building supply store.
    Two 4x4x12ft wood beams to act as cross members. got them at Lowes.

The cinder blocks came in handy in several ways.
    They gave us something to rest the body on when we need to reposition the jacks. Also used them under the jacks to give the extra height we needed.
    Once high enough, we put the beams through between the frame and body also on the jack points.
    We continued with the scissor jacks on the beams until it was high enough to roll the frame out.

Then at the end the beams were rested on the stacks of blocks outside of the wheels so we could roll the frame out.

I then lowered the body down by the beams onto the dollies you can see in the pictures.

Only thing I'd do differently next time is go slower. There was a ground wire I missed attached to the engine that bent the ignition resistor mount bracket as it pulled taunt. I didn't do enough walk arounds to make sure everything was detached.

-Andy

My VIN:    4519

Great info, thanks. Looking forward to the pics!

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Great progress so far!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    10309

great pics, especially interesting to me were pics of the a/c heater box which I have to take out this winter as my blower caught on fire and melted a portion of the box.
    My only comment, FWIW, is to go R134 with all the new a/c. You should replace the rubber hoses from the a/c box to the compressor that run along the frame. Change out
    all the rubber 'O' rings to green and change the compressor oil to R134 type and you have a new system easily serviced. Great job.
    t

My VIN:    03430

Quote Originally Posted by cdrusn View Post
    great pics, especially interesting to me were pics of the a/c heater box which I have to take out this winter as my blower caught on fire and melted a portion of the box.
    My only comment, FWIW, is to go R134 with all the new a/c. You should replace the rubber hoses from the a/c box to the compressor that run along the frame. Change out
    all the rubber 'O' rings to green and change the compressor oil to R134 type and you have a new system easily serviced. Great job.
    t
    Yikes! Glad it didn’t get too out of hand! My blower motor looks terrible inside... i will be replacing that as well...

Thanks for the comments on the AC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5