FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Orientation of circuit breakers

My VIN:    4870

Orientation of circuit breakers

I hate to post this because it's a little embarrassing but I've been doing a fuse box clean up and now I forget exactly how the wiring goes to the circuit breakers. So, does anyone have a detailed pic or cheat sheet. Just wanna figure out what goes to post (aux and batt) and what color wire? Afraid of doing it wrong and melting something. Any help would be great!
    Vin# 4870 - Rebuilt PRV motor - custom seats - fuzzy dash and stock everything else

-Chris

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by krs09 View Post
    I hate to post this because it's a little embarrassing but I've been doing a fuse box clean up and now I forget exactly how the wiring goes to the circuit breakers. So, does anyone have a detailed pic or cheat sheet. Just wanna figure out what goes to post (aux and batt) and what color wire? Afraid of doing it wrong and melting something. Any help would be great!
    did you get this figured out ? I could go take a picture of mine when I home if would like?
    Alex Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Brooks View Post
    did you get this figured out ? I could go take a picture of mine when I home if would like?
    Days later... yeah if you could, it would be a big help. Don't wanna get my wires crossed.
    Vin# 4870 - Rebuilt PRV motor - custom seats - fuzzy dash and stock everything else

-Chris

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Sorry, I meant to reply at the time but got sidetracked.

Do these pictures help:

Before starter mod:

After starter mod:
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    03572

Note the 40 amp breaker has the two wires (those are your cooling fan circuit).
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

[QUOTE=DMC-81;255211]Sorry, I meant to reply at the time but got sidetracked.

Do these pictures help:

Before starter mod:

After starter mod:
    [/QUOTE

Thank you and they do. Although the one thing I can't tell is what lines go into which side of the breaker, like which goes to the bronze (batt) post and which goes to the silver (aux) post. Sorry to be a PITA.

-Chris

My VIN:    03572

The brown/orange on the 40 amp breaker is the power side. The brown/slate is the load side. Most cars I've seen both those wires are brown/orange. You would have to ohm out which one goes to the fan relay for the power wire.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

In addition to what Dave said, here is how my car is:

On the left hand circuit breaker, the brown and orange wire goes to the brass fitting (BATT) and the black and orange connector goes to the silver connector (AUX). You can refer to the AC wiring diagram in the first post in the thread below look for the circuit breaker in the middle top area.

On the right hand circuit breaker, the white starter mod connector (if equipped) is fastened to the brass two prong switch (BATT). There are three brown wires with black connectors that go to the other three of the four male spade connectors. These are for your 3 and 4 fan speeds. The live wire from the alternator goes to The BATT. The other 2 go to the AUX side.
    Refer to the AC wiring diagram in the first post in the thread below look for the circuit breaker in the lower left area.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?40...ing-Schematics
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post

After starter mod:
    That's one damn fine looking relay compartment! So clean and tidy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    The brown/orange on the 40 amp breaker is the power side. The brown/slate is the load side. Most cars I've seen both those wires are brown/orange. You would have to ohm out which one goes to the fan relay for the power wire.
    Thank you so much. Funny you mention brown/orange lines. I have and brown/orange & orange/black wires. Alarming?

-Chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast